I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, October 30, 2011

"You know if you move that thing fast enough, you can almost write your name?"

I painted myself silly today. It's been a while. I think the last time I went was with the Cool Aunt as well. She joined Oldest Sister and myself there today. But it was different because this time there were no grapes. And there are always grapes. But she painted no grapes, instead she went for a cupcake and an ornament for grams, Oldest Sister did some picture frames and I painted a gnome and some christmas ornaments. Yes, a gnome. I was stoked. Now I need to go paint another, then I can be rolling with my gnomies....

I just have one question for you. Gnome. Why is the g silent? Really? Is it accomplishing anything that it needs to be there? and just sit there? Silently? Like the K in Knights looks cool - especially when you burn a giant one for homecoming - but the G in Gnome just makes the word look awkward. Or is that just me? But I guess that's sort of fitting since gnomes are kind of awkward. In a way they just sit there silently. Like the g. Okay, now I get it. Or I still don't but I'm rationalizing it out in a way so that I do.

Moving on.

After the joy that is painting and the comradery that goes with it I went over to Oldest Sister's for supper and we watched The Mummy Returns.

I can hear my mother groaning already. "Again?" "Really?" Yes again. Always again. What's wrong with again? I've seen that and the first Mummy more times than you probably brush your teeth in a year! Okay, I hope not. But 300+ is a lot of times to watch something. Especially when watching the second movie with commercial breaks makes you want to do nothing but pull out the first one on DVD and watch them both properly. Skipping of course the third one, which I won't even acknowledge - that's properly, and pulling out all my ancient Egypt books and resources and getting lost in them again.

Am I the only one who gets completely enamored with all things Egypt? The history and the religion and the traditions is completely fascinating.

And now I've figured it out.

Whoa.

Okay, sorry, roadblock. Mr. Boss Man just got back from his cruise and his talking about all things vacation reminded me that I haven't left the central US area since I was like 13. When we went to California. or maybe it was Florida. It's been so long I don't even remember where we went first. Or how old I was. It couldn't have been 13 cause that was high school. So 12. or 11. Good god, I need a vacation.

I did go to Chicago twice, once for a senior trip and another time to visit a friend. Then we flew to Arizona for a basketball tournament, but that's not traveling really. I want to go somewhere far far away. That requires me to actually go out and get a passport. Queen of Awesome and I were talking about a roadtrip to Canada yesterday while eating sushi. That would be freaking sweet!

And our cousin group - who went to florida, california, clear lake, yellowstone (and okay warehouse 13 has totally given that place a whole new meaning) - has talked for a while now about another cousin roadtrip. We were thinking Vegas. And I'm totally in for that. totally totally in.

But I think I need to go somewhere farther. Like Egypt. That would be awesome. But complicated. But worth it. But who would I go with? Cause that's not exactly something you would want to do alone.

And I kind of want to go to London some day as well. Maybe Australia, meet up with Kat.

See, I have all these ideas and all these people want to go places as well and we talk and talk and talk about them but they never happen.

So, today, I say this - and put it in writing - Some time within the next 5 years (gotta give me time to graduate and put my life in order) I am going overseas. Somewhere. For an extended vacation to see the sights, and jam out with the locals.

Sounds fun. Okay, it's in writing. Next step, pick the place and the people to go with.

Now...where was I? Oh right, so The Mummy. Yes, they are both in my top 5, right after RENT, and they still remain there after 10 years of me watching other movies. Which is impressive because I watch a lot of movies.

And, because I've seen them 300+ I know all the lines. It's similar to singing along to the radio when your favorite song comes on except mine comes with visual aids and is about 2 hours longer.

"Tuthmosis? What are you doing here? T-t-t-t-t, I'm going to put you where you belong." leans and ladder goes straight up, leans again and turns the library stacks into dominos. "Woops."

I like Evy, she's my favorite. The rebellious librarian who gets in a bit over her head with her sense of adventure. Plus you add in Jonathan, her idiot brother who really only cares about money, but he's hysterical. Then O'Connell, the love interest, who is the only American in the bunch.

PS - on the DVD Brendan Fraser does the audio commentary for the first movie and it's fantastically funny. I highly recommend it.



Plus the actors themselves are just goofy.


Rachel Weisz is one of my favorites of all time. And now she's married to Daniel Craig. Which is interesting. And has a new horror movie coming out. Which Sketch won't let me go see. Mean.

Alright, I'm gonna konk out before I overload you with quotes. I'm letting you off easy, trust me.

"Look, I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell. But I am proud of what I am."
"And what is that?"
"I...am a librarian!"

No comments:

Post a Comment