I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, October 3, 2011

put some music on that's soft and slow...

Superwoman owes me lunch.

Or some points.

I'm up to 138 as of today. Mostly because of our administrative aide claiming I deserved them - apparently The Powers That Be know of the the point system. Fantastic, love it.

Today was actually pretty cool. Slept in, worked on some homework statistics stuff, ate lunch, headed to work at 1, was mostly banished to the back room - which is fine with me. I actually got a lot accomplished. Spent my break up on 3rd floor talking about demographic statistics for homework. Yes, that's how I spend all my breaks. No, I usually jam in the staff room with my ipod, this time I actually planned out my demographic catagories with the information that our fabulous admin aide was able to share with me. She's amusing, and helpful. The statistics will be a great benefit to the census 2010 crap.

OMG, that website is impossible to navigate! 2000 census was easier. I think I finally got it down though. My problem is that one of my libraries is on the very corner of one of the tract blocks so do I just use the one it's in? or do I add it to the one right next to it? It's not like the people across the street don't use our library! Guess I'll have to add them.

That's my plan, to compare demographics between libraries. But I don't want to do a powerpoint!! They're cliche. And excel is boring. So think I'm gonna look into that infographics thing. I have all tomorrow afternoon. After I get groceries and pay rent.

The rest of the day was pretty fun as well. Got supper then headed to other library from 6-8 to work with the Queen of the Known Universe. and it was hysterical cause it's backwards - I had to train her! When I'm used to her training me! She'd never worked at that branch before so I got to give her the nickel tour and training. Which is going to happen a lot soon since Sensei is retired, Queen of Awesome is on bedrest and my Glee-Loving Boss is on a cruise. It's down to the four of us aka Joe Studley, Spencer and the Space Cadets. And anyone else the branches can spare.

Superwoman had a lot of faith in me. Mostly. Then she called, "How's your spiritual training going?" "AHHHH!! Help me!" QOTKU screamed...jokingly...I hope. I think I'm an okay leader...ish. Parents do trust me with their children for a weekend out in the middle of nowhere. Oh, Camp J. How I miss you already. But you'll start again soon enough.

She has enough faith in me to let me off at 5 on Sunday so I can play softball for the extended season, huzzah!! I'll take that over the points. I guess. We're gonna rock it! I think it's just going to be the same order we played the first three, meaning we'll take on the Methodists at 6:30 and I'll hang around to play with the E-Free against Prince of Peace. If they decide to stick around. They sounded like they were in. Then next week it'll be us vs. Prince of Peace - Battle of the Lutherans on like Donkey Kong - and then after that us vs. E-Free for more awkwardness.

Yeah, when they brought up the extended season E-Free pastor looks at me and G-Wigger saying, "Get ready for a double-header!" I love playing with those guys. And now that I'm smart enough to wear pants hopefully my leg will stay in one piece. Dude, my muscle still stings. That's not good, right? I'll get over it.

Song of the night:
"Your Man" sang by two of my favorites

"i can't believe how much it-OH MY GOD!" haha, freaks out. 16 year old country music prodigy sings with his idol. now he's an american idol. so it matches.

Tomorrow's split shift then homework and errands. Out of the night. Dangit, missed Castle yet again. Will add that to the list of tomorrow's priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment