I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Willie Nelson Wants You Back

I have tomorrow off! Dude! The whole day! From both places! That never happens! Except when I have class...and I don't have class!! So guess how I'm gonna spend my day off?!?! Doing homework! For class!

Well, that's the plan at least. I'll probably throw in a marathon of SVU as well. I mean, you can only read about leadership and draw blueprints of libraries for so long before your head explodes.

Today was good. Got to sleep in this morning.

I actually got to talk to Second Sister today. Which is shocking as I haven't talked to her in like a month. This is usually because I'm always working or she's always working. And she'll leave a message and I won't get it until she's sleeping. And it's best not to wake up a pregnant woman. That I've learned.
She's as busy as ever, but at least she's not changing her child's name.
Me: "Why are you changing the baby's name?"
SS: "Because I'm pregnant and bored!"

but that was 1 kid ago. I'm proud to say I'm the first person to know about the last two kids - other than her husband of course. But me finding out this last one was mostly a fluke.

*I get in the car*
SS: "Are you wearing perfume?"
Me: "Are you pregnant?"
*looks away*

yep. two seconds. i rock.

But I never know what they're having. They keep that a secret. Maybe it'll be a boy and make the numbers even that way there's less pressure for me. Cause that ain't happening any time soon. There are currently 4 girls and 3 boys for grandkids. Maybe I should root for a boy. Hmm...

Talking to her was pretty much the highlight of the day, as it hasn't happened in forever. Also talked to Mom today, which has been a rarity lately as well, but they're harvesting so that's a valid excuse. Is that how you spell that? I haven't used it in a while. Rarity. Another word I don't use as often, "nab" which Glee-Loving Boss said the other day. I paused. It's a good word but no one uses it anymore. We should bring it back. The Nab taskforce. I'm all about taskforces. Maybe I should make nab stand for something to make it more effective. National Antidisestablishmentarianism Bonanza. I have no idea what it means but I can say it and that's all that matters.

After that it was just missing my adopted sister at the library. Dang lunch breaks always have bad timing. Oh well, I'll see her around, now that she actually is around.

I love my job, especially my coworkers. Of course today my Glee-Loving Boss was teasing me some more about flu shots, saying he and Joe Studley would each hold me down so I could get the shot.

It's on man, I gotta figure out something to get him back for yesterday's flyer.

Midwest Music for the night you get Texas and North Dakota. There, I've gotten the whole line of us. I think. Yeah. I did. Which means tomorrow is a free for all. Meaning I'll try to throw in something that's not Texas.

"Ohio (Come Back to Texas)" Bowling For Soup

willie nelson wants you back...

and jumping up a bit

"The Fargo Song" Jewel

she writes a song about pretty much every city she visits, you can find them on youtube.

here's another. i think i like this one better.

"The Kansas City Song" Jewel

"the paris of the plains"

And just because it was stuck in my head today:

"You Never Can Tell" Chuck Berry

aka the dance scene from Pulp Fiction

though i'm still singing all my ex's live in texas...

No comments:

Post a Comment