I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

If You Seek Then You Shall Find

Maturity: A stoic response to endless reality. -Carrie Fisher

My hero...or one of the many. I finally got "Wishful Drinking" on DVD from the library. It's basically a taped standup act based on her biography book of the same title. "Wishful Drinking". Clever.

I liked it, but I listened to the book on CD so I knew most of what she was going to talk about. What's funny though is that I was able to quote it AND the book as well as I listened to them even though I'd never heard/seen them before.

I blame this clip. There are a lot of direct quotes. And yes, I've watched it that many times.

"Because there is no underwear in space"

"that chick, the new girl who plays my mother, Queen Armadillo or whatever her name is..."
I still die of laughter.

If you like that then you'd like her book, well books. She writes fiction as well. They're quite popular actually. One even got made into a movie with Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine.

The funny part about that is that it was based on real life experiences, and her actual mother - Debbie Reynolds - auditioned for the mother role and got beat out by Shirley MacLaine. Even though it was essentially her.

The book/DVD talks a lot about family, marriage, mood swings, fame and circles back to family. I enjoy it because she's able to relay all the bad things that happened in her life and turn them into comedy.

Plus there are Star Wars anecdotes and I'm all about those.

Scale of Awesome says 7/10. It excludes a lot that's in the book, but then includes stuff that's not in it as well. I was just hoping there would be more in there. But I guess since it's an HBO thing she only has so much time. But the DVD does include deleted scenes and an exclusive interview with Debbie Reynolds. Who lives next door to Carrie. I find that amusing.


Songs of the night: mellowed out.

"Dreamer" Elizaveta

no idea about the mask, but he does have some sweet dance moves.

speaking of fairy tales and serendipitous encounters i taped Once Upon A Time tonight on ABC, stoked to watch that on the DVR. will do that next before i crash.

"Ghost Towns" Radical Face

love the piano and guitar


Alright, plans for tomorrow: Homework. Gotta read a book and draw up some blueprints. I'm stoked to knock out that back wall and expand. Gonna add on a computer lab and a study room. Plus some couches. Maybe some vending machines. People always ask about those.

And at some point I need to go pick up a jersey for Squirt. And get pop. Seriously, wish #1 on my list is a never-ending supply of Diet Dr. Pepper. I can live without food, but the second I run out of that I run to the store.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Carrie Fisher clip. And I'm that way about Diet Coke.

    ReplyDelete