I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Duuude, just, duuuude.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say TODAY....was a DAY!"

now what the crap is that from? it was on repeat in my head all morning.

Class at 8:30 this morning over an hour away.

I was already running late when I get all the way through town and Jarvis starts beeping at me cause I'm running out of gas. No way I can make it all the way there, have to turn around and come back.

Called Library Goddess completely freaking out, and since she's as awesome as awesome can be, she covered for me.

And, okay, do you know how long it takes to fill up half a tank when you're running late compared to how long it takes to fill a whole tank when you have the time?

Duuuude, so not cool.

But I drove like a madwoman and made it there by 8:35. The substitute was barely introducing herself. I crashed in my usual back corner seat and was finally able to breathe.

Duuuude, just duuuuude.

Class was good though, listened to people present, talked about next assignments - dude, we get to draw our own blue prints, I'm stoked!

We basically get to take a library we're working in - or use - update it with new stuff and do the floorplan before and after the update. We update the hardware, shelving, etc. Freaking stoked. Does that make me a nerd?

It's easy to choose which library. Okay, maybe not. Actually I'm still debating between the two I work in. One has multiple floors so I'd just cut it down to one and switch-around the layout, with the other... there are actually a lot of changes that I would make. And I know the layout better, so I should probably choose it. That happens when you're an aide.

And Library Goddess says we have an unlimited budget and can knockdown/expand walls. We need a computer lab. Or a study room at least. Plus some couches that are more comfortable than wooden chairs, maybe a built in projector for movie nights on Sundays. Our freaking library is always first up on the chopping block, maybe it wouldn't be if we could update. I know that's not an option with the current budget, but I'm stoked to be able to draw it out. Any suggestions send them my way.

After all that headed back and crashed on my couch, took a nap, watched some SVU season six. Then headed to oldest sister's house for supper and Chuck Season Four. which I got today, huzzah!

However, I'm back to season six of SVU cause it has a due date and Chuck doesn't.

We also watched Sixteen Candles. Because it's awesome and amusing. I love the foreigner, he's the best character. Followed by the geek. Who has no real name. Just "the geek". Gotta love John Hughes, his 80's movies are classics.

"We Are Not Alone" aka the dance scene from The Breakfast Club

another john hughes classic, love 1:02-1:12. fantastic.

Halfday tomorrow followed by a rematch of the Battle of the Lutherans 2011.

Battle Royale.

It's on like Donkey Kong.

Hoping to have another game like last week's. We shall see.

"What did I do?"
"You don't even say hi to your boss?"
"HI! What did I do?"
SVU awesomeness.

I find I'm using that word almost as much as Captain Awesome on Chuck. It makes the actual awesome things less awesome. And we can't have that happen. So I'm looking for a new word. Any suggestions send them my way.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment