I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, October 10, 2011

"If you like to talk to tomatoes..."

Today was perfect, slept in, got my DVR set up, notified that season 4 of Chuck has been shipped which means I can finish season three woohoo! Then hit up the library to do some shelving from 5-8.

Songs of the night: yes I'm skipping to them on this manic monday night because i'm rambly about them.

The two songs that were stuck in my head while shelving:

Oh my god, they drove me nuts.

"Veggie Tales Theme Song"

at least for this one i had a legitimate excuse as i was shelving veggie tales VHS tapes.

for this however, i got nothing.

"Twisted Nerve" Daryl Hannah's version

we used to whistle it down the hallways in high school. it seems like it's actually her whistling but according to the soundtrack it's credited to Bernard Herrmann. perhaps he's the instrumentalist in the background.

yes i own the soundtrack. get over it. mostly for the 5.6.7.8's music, you know, before it became the theme song for all things Vonage. i'm probably one of the very few people to know the actual title of this song. most just call it the creepy whistle song from that one scene. i remember watching it for the first time with shel and smo screaming wake up, Wake up, WAKE UP! she's coming to kill you!

Here's the 5.6.7.8's

love that movie. they have a couple other ones that are pretty good as well, "i'm blue" awesomeness and "i walk like jayne mansfield" make an appearance in other scenes.

ps, that chick's toast. reminds me a little of Frasier's ex-wife Lillith. Though the best part of the whole movie comes about 5 minutes after that. After Uma Thurman has killed about 10 of Lucy Liu's thugs and is about to go after her when she hears car engines and doors slamming. The Crazy 88.

"Is that what I think it is?
"You didn't think it was going to be that easy, did you?"
"You know, for a second there, yeah...I kinda did."
"Silly Rabbit,"
"Tricks are for-"
"Kids."
The Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves. Uma Thurman - at her greatest in my opinion - takes on the Crazy 88, plus Lucy Liu, plus GoGo the freaking ninja kid in a school uniform all with only a samurai sword. I tried counting the 88 but I only got to about 56. Got lost in all the slicing and dicing.

SKIP IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE STOMACH FOR BLOOD AND GORE
you've been forewarned.

Normally I don't but I love those two movies. I think Vol. 1 is my favorite but I can be swayed to Vol. 2 when I'm watching it. Which I haven't in over a year. That needs to be fixed.
should rewatch it and count how many "Wilhelm Scream"s are used. gotta be at least twice.

You know about the Wilhelm Scream, right? It's a sound effect used in a lot of action movies - even Star Wars - that was recorded a long time ago and is still in use today.
Check this: i find it highly amusing.

star wars, indiana jones, small soldiers, lethal weapon...toy story?
i have it programmed so that when i drop my ipod it does the scream.

and yes, these two songs being stuck in my head are the weirdest combination anyone could think of, but it's what happened. Veggie tales I get but there's no logical expanation for Twisted Nerve as no one was whistling and I didn't see any movies with Uma Thurman or Daryl Hannah.

Alright, should get some sleep. Long day tomorrow at one branch all day and have no idea who's working with me. Just that I will most likely cross paths with Slim Shady in the parking lot.


OUT!

"however, therein lies a dillema because, when it comes to the subject of me, I believe you are truly and utterly incapable of telling the truth, especially to me and least of all, to yourself. And, when it comes to the subject of me I am truly and utterly incapable of believing anything you say.

"how do you supposed we solve this dillema?"

"well, it just so happens i have a solution."

*shoots tranq dart*

No comments:

Post a Comment