I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Don't you ever interrupt me while I'm readin' a book!"

Okay, it's official.

People at the library know me.

And not just any people.

Coworker people.

Because the pranks have begun.

And it's on. Like Donkey Kong.

Today I came in to work and- okay, I love my family. They're terrific. Oldest Sister included. But see, she comes into the library and enjoys embarrassing me, fixing my clothes, making fun of my hair, etc. Which just gives my coworkers ammo.

Like the time when she wanted me to go get a flu shot and I said I'd rather get sick than get the shot.

It's a proven theory. I got H1N1 in college. Oh yeah, I was one of those. And suffered through it gladly because I don't like needles and pass out at the sight or mention of blood.

But she gave me crap, saying she'd go with me and hold my hand. Meanwhile my Glee-Loving Boss just laughed.

Today I check my mailbox and find a flyer for "Flumist Nasal Spray!!"

Guess who put that there.

It's on Mr. Boss Man. Glee-Loving Boss is going down. No idea how I'll get him back. Perhaps I'll ask for a consult. I bet Sensei would have ideas.

Quotes of the Day: yes, they're all library-related. deal.

Space Cadet: "We gotta get rid of that tacky looking junk!"
we worked on weed lists today. which are always fun. until you have to weed a book that you actually read and enjoyed. sad day.

SLS: "I have Super Librarian Status."
Me: "Well, there's a new nickname."

This coming from the supervisor at my first real interview ever, who, when I was working with him right before my 21st birthday said, "Take it from me. You can't drink all the liquor in town. I've tried." I enjoy him, he's quite amusing. And now he'll be known as "Super Librarian Status."

Girlscout: "It's the 7up!"
SLS: "I hate that stuff."

he's not the only one in that place who hates it. last year Space Cadet pawned a case off on me.

Me: "You looked all serious, I thought I was in trouble."
Space Cadet: "I am serious, I gotta get rid of this 7up!"

Me: "You rock Superwoman!"
Superwoman: "I feel sort of rocky at times!"

cause she tells me I work too many hours.

then she recommends music.

check this one out:

"I'm Reading a Book" Julian Smith

i busted out laughing at 2:05 just because of the randomness. that's fantastic.

Here are some recommendations back for you.

Librarians Go Gaga

"don't forget the databases..."


Librarians Will Survive

"alphabetize!"


Dewey Decimal Rap

i especially like it when he breaks down the system saying what's in each area. sad thing is i knew all that.


and just because i think it's fantastic:
Masters of Library Science Croquet Tournament

"passed the sand trap, around the water hazard..." awesomeness.

Originally I was 9-8 tomorrow, now I'm 1-8 instead. Will enjoy sleeping in while it lasts. Should konk out soon if I'm going to enjoy it. Oh, maybe watch some Criminal Minds I've recorded. I attempted to watch Harry's Law but I don't know if I like it as much anymore. There's all these new characters and they work in a new setting and blah. I like that Tommy is around more, but still, they've completely changed the show. However, Harry is still the same, so I'll stick with it.

Music for the night:....other than those clips above...

This Midwest Week is turning more into a Central Time Zone Week but "Midwest Week" sounds better so I'm sticking with it.

Here's your South Dakota and some more Texas.

"The Deadwood Stage" Calamity Jane

love 2:42-3:42.
this was my favorite movie growing up. i blame that on my aunt. this and oklahoma. yes i was a musicals kind of girl. explains a lot.

although in the movie i think this is my favorite:
"I Can Do Without You"

doris day says it's her favorite movie she's ever done. no question why. you should check it out, it's worth it.

"All My Ex's Live In Texas" George Strait

george strait really is the king.

I sang that in the jNonfiction section while shelving once, not realizing that there was a woman there. She smiled so I kept singing.

that's all she wrote...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great variety! I want to be the information queen with the giant Tini glass in the first one and in the second one I want to be the background dancer. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i'm loving them. i should have posted your flashmob NLA video from last year. oh yeah, i found that. loved it.

    ReplyDelete