I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"I've been cheated, been mistreated, when will I be loved?"

Surprise visits from two supervisors today both claiming to check out the relatively new paint job. One - who shall be known as the "Master Chef" (I have no idea about her culinary talents but right before they offered me the permanent job she asked if I was ready to join the Master Chef Challenge. I asked if they brought fire extinguishers. Then they gave me the job instead) - the other who I refer to as Cabin Fever. Because she gets Cabin Fever when she spends too much time in her office and comes to help at the desk. She's also the one who told me to say I "worship snakes" when asked out by a creeper or get annoyed with telemarketers.

Both were amusing as always. One actually did check out the paint job, the other and myself thought about moving the Young Adult area as it's quickly running out of space and no one knows it exists. But where would you move it to really? That's why I'm excited for my blueprint grad school assignment.

I actually enjoyed today a lot, despite the mass amount of stress brought on by certain patrons. But it's just the usual really - patron upset about holds so I spent hours on the phone and looking for a missing book, and of course the jam-handed children running and messing with everything. The joys of the library. For some reason I keep coming back. But I enjoy it.

If there was no conflict or stress then the job would be boring and that's not what I'm looking for in life. I enjoy the variety of people and problems that come across my desk. Keeps me on my toes. The joys of public service.

Speaking of joys, have I mentioned how much I love working with my trainee? I haven't thought up a suitable nickname yet, but she's fantastic. Catches on quickly but asks when she needs something. Plus she's highly amusing and we get along well.

I feel special, they trust me alone with a trainee. For a whole day. Until Superwoman shows up to cover for me going to lunch. If you call 4-5 lunch. Supper? or do you say "Dinner"? In our house it was always Dinner at noon and Supper at night. There was no such thing as lunch. "Lunch" started when I went to a dorm high school when it was on a physical schedule. I should move on before I start talking about projects from college about language and linguistics.

That was pretty much my day. Other than coming home to watch NCIS. Oh my god, you know when you're watching something and you recognize the character's voice but their face is completely different? Duuuude. Guest-starring Charlie's freaking Angel herself, Cheryl Ladd. Although I didn't know that at first, I just picked up on it when she was hitting on Ducky and there was something about her voice. Yelled out "Kris Munroe!" when I figured it out - just adds to my neighbors probable on-going tally on my crazy sudden outbursts about completely random things. But she looks soooo different. But it's not like plastic surgery different. She's got a few years difference between now and the 70's plus brown hair. That's what threw me off.
Not that I should put much stock in hair color, I mean, look who's talking really. I don't even remember my natural color. We attempted to dye it back senior year of high school when I did "Arsenic and Old Lace" yeah, took forever and didn't last long. I was back to red as soon as the play was over.

Overall I'd give the episode a 7/10 purely because of Charlie's freakin' Angel. She was really the only thing I'll take away from it. I was hoping for a more Halloween theme - they usually have some good ones, have you seen "Murder 2.0" from season six? Duuuude, attempted to watch that at night in the dark once and couldn't do it. Still can't. AND I KNOW WHO DID IT!

Alright, that's enough of my ramblings for the night. Thank you for putting up with them night after night. Afterall, it's almost been a year now. Wow. Should probably do something to celebrate that, huh?

Throwback Tuesday

"Bye Bye Love" Everly Brothers


"When Will I Be Loved" The Everly Brothers


OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! The Everly Brothers? Seriously? That's my generation! Good clips though-made me nostalgic.

    OK, NCIS-do you remember the Halloween episode where McGee gets freaked out by the Rumba vacuum cleaner? That totally creacked me up!

    I'm gonna try to make it in today so I hope I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked I was actually there!!

    Yes, I love the Everly Brothers, used to listen to them along with many other bands of that era when I lived back at home with my parents.

    Yes I totally remember that episode, freaked me out too! See, that's the NCIS I was expecting, the creepy-yet-funny-turns-out-okay-in-the-end episode. Not the not-even-halloween-related-at-all episode.

    ReplyDelete