I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, December 10, 2012

There will be an answer, Letter B.

Quote of the day comes from the Things Overheard at the Library section:

"I'll put some paint over it, they'll never know the wall was burned."

I absolutely hate this commercial.


But I still can't get over the kids in the end.

An awkward of awesome.

Reminds me of all the other obnoxious commercials that make me want to throw things.

Which takes me back to hanging out at my great aunt's house all the time after school and her threatening to throw rotten tomatoes at the Menard's guy.

An interesting day at the library. Made a lot of progress on TAB stuff. Big meeting tomorrow. Planning our holiday party for Saturday and also picking out the Summer Reading Kickoff activities. I have a list, but you're creative. Any suggestions for fun activities to do with kids ages 2-12? The theme is something to the effect of "dig into reading" or something like that. Thinking treasure maps, crafting fossils, that sort of stuff. But it doesn't have to be theme-related.

Though it'll be hard to top bat goggles.

They were pretty sweet.

Maybe carrot hats will do the trick.

But probably not.

As for the holiday party - Think we'll end up ordering pizza. They want eggnog. Which sounds just gross. But hey, it's their party.

Anyway, thinking about making some fun holiday cards and taking them to a nursing home. Or The Mission. Or maybe I'll let them keep them and give them to their own families. It's up for debate.

So that was basically my day. Working at the desk while planning for the meeting tomorrow so that tomorrow there will be less freaking out-age.

Though I still get nervous. No idea why, they're cool kids. Though this time got a supervisor sitting in.

Big potatoes man, gotta be on my game.

Eh, I'll wing it.

On to the music.

So, The Voice was on tonight. Semi-finals. Things are a bit different this year because of the whole it doesn't matter who your coach is new twist. See last year and the year before each coach had a contestant in the finale because everything was broken down by the teams so whoever on each team got the least amount of votes got kicked off, but with the twist this year anyone can be voted off, no matter the team.

Which led to Xtina and Adam being kicked out before the semi-finals. Now Blake has two - Cassadee and Terry - and Cee-Lo has two - Trevin and Nicholas.

But now, instead of all four being honored and them going through 4th place, 3rd place, 2nd place, winner, tomorrow someone gets eliminated and it's down to three. And then that will be the finals.

Last year they did duets with their coaches, wonder how they're planning on doing that this year.

Aaannd guess who's making a guest appearance?!?!! JULIET SIMMS!! The fantastic and majestic. Now with Cee-Lo as a manager, that's a first so it's huge.

I would be content with any of them winning. They're all great. Though Cassadee still is my favorite and number one on my top twenty. And Trevin is number 2. Glad my top two made it. And Terry was on my honorable mentions but I can't believe I didn't put him higher, he's fantastic. "I wanna know what love is" is my favorite song this entire season.

He did great tonight as well.



So, apparently, growing up my brother thought the lyrics were "Letter B" instead of "Let It Be".

You can see how that can be mistaken, right?

Speaking words of wisdom, Letter B.

There will be an answer, Letter B.

Shine until tomorrow, Letter B.

Wow. Is is really only 11?

I think it's this whole no homework thing. I feel like something's missing.

And, okay, I lied. There's a tie for quote of the day. That one and:

"Si, Gracias por la hoagie." 

Max Black.

Is epic.

Think I could dedicate an entire post to Max-isms.

Hmmm....an interesting thought.

OUT!

and yes, holy crap tag in usage due to the pre-midnight post.

No comments:

Post a Comment