I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, December 20, 2012

if not for christmas, by new year's night

How morbid does it make me that this morning I kept skipping songs on the ipod-plugged in stereo claiming if I was to die in a tragic car accident that that song wouldn't want to be the last song I ever listened to?

Made for an interesting morning.

Usually it takes me 11 minutes to get to work so I figured if I made it down to the parking lot 30 minutes early I'd have enough time to dig myself out and drive slowly to work.

Didn't work that way.

Too much ice under the tires and every time I gunned it I kept moving more and more to the right. Which wasn't good cause there was a car right next to me. So I panic called my brother in law who then came over and dug me out.

Such a good guy.

1 hour later I was 4 blocks away, following a truck that kept getting stuck in the middle of intersections. Every time his two teenage sons would jump out and attempt to push him through but it would take so long that the light would turn red and they had to move him back .

You would think that a pickup with a snow plow on the front and snow blower in the back would be a bit more reliable.

And I assumed that particular road would be plowed exceptionally because it's so busy but I guess tomorrow I'll be taking the highway.

So I was late for the staff meeting. As were Slim Shady and my Trainee. Plus Queen of the Known Universe and the Library Judge missed the day all together.

What else? Oh, first day for our new Assistant Director. Thought she would introduce herself during the staff meeting but she was probably busy catching up on AD stuff put off for the last couple months. She was my teacher this semester - the one that let us out 2 hours early each time - but as she didn't introduce herself I'm okay with missing the meeting.

I guess that makes her BBB'sA

And that's pretty much it. Lots of off desk time today so not many highlights. Gave SuperWoman her present. Every year I get her something Angry Birds related since she got me hooked. Stuffed one that make noise, calendar, this year it's christmas ornaments.

On to the music - Christmas Music That Doesn't Suck - Day Seven

Slight change to this one as well. Last year I included Achmed's Jingle Bombs and can't post it two years in a row so I'm switching it out with Please Come Home For Christmas.

Jingle Bells - Sungha Jung


incredible talent, wish I could play like that.


Walking in a Winter Wonderland - Jason Mraz


intriguing.

andrews sisters was a close second


Please Come Home For Christmas - CeeLo Green



I know Sketch doesn't like him but I bought his xmas CD anyway and it rocks. Week before I bought the Blake one as well. No Adam but is guest appearance by Christina Aguilera.

Really gonna miss her on the Voice. Shakira, while highly entertaining - second CD I remember buying with my own money, first was Spice Girls - is just very different style-wise, but it should be interesting to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment