I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, December 30, 2012

you'd better change it back or we will both be sorry.

So I finally checked my grades today.

All A's for the semester so I'm at a 3.96 which isn't bad for grad school.

It'd be a 4.0 if it weren't for that A- man.

Killing me, Smalls!

So, two days to make up for.

Here we go.

Saturday, December 29th

Slept in, huzzah.

Ate lunch with the parentals. Turkey roast, potatoes and broccoli.

Apparently they're so easy even I could make them.

Not that I did, or have, but could.

At one point.

Attempt to make one.

Without burning down my apartment.

Watched some Castle with Mom and then headed off to see P squared for our early New Year's celebration.

See, every year we do our annual New Year's party thing in which we play games, watch all the music stuff - why are they still calling it "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" if he's dead? Not that I want it to change to anything with Ryan Seacrest in the title, but still? - drink sparkling cider and stay up far too late.

This year we covered most of those, though no running around the house like we used to. Though at midnight we did all yell "Happy New Year!" Amidst an intense game of Apples to Apples. Which you know already if you're on Facebook as I posted like 6 pictures of, "what the hell should i pick out of these options?"

As there were only 3 of us playing we laid down 2 red cards each every turn so there were more to choose from. And we worked our way through all of the red cards like we did last Thanksgiving but since we had like triple the players then this took much longer.

But we had fun.

I ended up coming from behind, winning with 67 green cards.

Wicked awesome. For a while I was getting my butt kicked cause I kept drawing people and countries.

And they make for lame nouns.

Then I got some good ones all in a row and came back to win it.

So that was fun. But you can tell we're getting old cause our old method of throwing a big ass amount of pillows and blankets on the floor and sleeping on the pile watching movies has now become all sleeping in legitimate beds or couches in separate rooms.

But I watched World's Dumbest for like 2 minutes before I was out like a late.

And we did watch a movie earlier in the night - Live Free or Die Hard which the younger of the squared hadn't seen.

Or any of them which makes me want to cry inside cause they're classics.

Well, the first one at least.

The only thing I remember about other two were Samuel L. Jackson, something about a school and then almost hitting a clown in a parking lot or park or something.

Though I think those are all in the same one.

Oh well, I own them. I'll go back and watch them again sometime when I'm bored.

Stoked for number 5 coming out next year.

So that was Friday. No, Saturday, cause today's Sunday.

This whole no work thing is messing with my mind.

Sunday, December 30th 

Okay so today was totally different. Woke up on the couch around 9:45. Set my alarm and everything though it was more like 9:50 by the time I got up and about 15 minutes after that before I left her apartment. Headed to see the boyfriend so we could drive up with his dad to see his sister on her birthday but he was sick.

Cold, chills, cough and all that.

Which I think Queen of the Known Universe has now as well so it must be going around.

Anyway, he stayed home to nap and all that so the boyfriend and I drove up by ourselves. Taking the scenic route as always so he could look at trains. Had his camera there just in case though he didn't stop like after the Xmas party.

Which is fine, though reminds me a bit of how my father is always making my mother go places to take pictures of trains.

We went out for dinner and then went to her place to open presents. Her boyfriend got her bop-it so the boys were playing it. The boyfriend had the high score when we left but Dion's probably already beaten it.

As we were leaving his mom noticed that I have a headlight out so we took backroads to his place to avoid the cops cause of our record with fix it tickets but then the light came back on randomly.

But then went out.

And then came back on again so I was okay to drive.

Which is weird though, right? Cause usually when it goes out it stays out?

Anyway, I need to get that checked out and my oil changed. Oh well, got time.

After we got to his place we watched some movie with Halle Berry, Bruce Willis and the dude that plays Phoebe's brother on Friends. I never learned his name but he's always amusing.

Lots of Bruce Willis this weekend.

I slept through a lot of it so Scale of Awesome would only be for half the movie but the parts I did see were a bit creepy. Not what I was expecting.

Alright, tomorrow is a big day. No plans set in stone, think we're gonna wing it.

May go to my sister's or go get dinner or see a movie or whatever. It's interesting to have no plans but I've never been in a serious relationship on New Year's.

So I don't know was normal people do on New Year's cause I'm used to music TV, movies and running around the house spraying sparking cider everywhere.

I should sleep, it's late. The stoplights were blinking again when I left. Gotta love small towns.


irony since we listened to it on the way there and then had only one on the way back.

though every time i hear it i think about fiction writing and my unfinished story. it could be awesome but i'm stuck.

“Well they say she died easy of a broken heart disease, as I listen through the cemetery trees.” – One Headlight, The Wallflowers

A week ago you were healthy. A week ago you were happy. A week ago we were together. Now you’re dead… and it’s my fault.

for more go here: this is a week of my favorite things day five

wrote it back with my awesome writing group in the college. back in the days when i actually had time for that stuff.


aw, 80's music.

out!

No comments:

Post a Comment