I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Crazy Horse, kinda like Mad Cow.

Oh where to start...

Yesterday was New Year's Eve. Slept in a bit, ate lunch with Mom and Dad and then Mom said that I should test out my new vacuum - just to make sure it works - by cleaning her carpets.

See how that works?

After that headed to pick up the boyfriend and then on to Oldest Sister's place for crab legs and entertainment.

Squirt's boyfriend was there and made it through the night unscathed so that says something about his character.

Made it through endless rounds of Apples to Apples and the combination of all of our snarkiness.

Quote of the day:
-"Crazy Horse. Kinda like Mad Cow." - Second Sister

We played for at least an hour, maybe two. I dominated. Had a lot of practice over the last few days though when they wanted to play tonight I was all Appled out so I watched the game with the boyfriend instead.

Anyway, the crablegs were awesome, Apples to Apples was awesome as were the musical stylings of Karmin and Neon Trees.

Notice how I left out Bieber.

Still have yet to catch the fever.

Don't hold your breath I don't think it'll come on anytime soon.

Stayed there passed midnight, the boyfriend claims he didn't fall asleep but I think otherwise as I had to wake him up as the ball dropped.

Today was totally different. Got to the farm around 11:15. Since the game was at noon we had to work around it but it seemed to work out okay. Got Mom Scandal season one and an immersion blender, amongst other things. Gave Dad a box full of mail with his and name but my address on it. King of Useless Knowledge his usual coffee, Oldest Sister whole collection of James Bond on blu ray. Brother got Black Ops video game, Favorite Sister-in-Law the Karmin CD, Second Sister some books and a fancy martini glass. Got Bubby a robot and a time capsule, Squirt got socks, Yoda slippers, a journal, chapstick and a Buckle giftcard. Younger ones I got a lot of toys, stuffed animals, dolls, legos, Skylander stuff, and all that.

Some kids got more than others but with them it's all about quantity over quality. And I'm not sure they noticed cause they didn't really say anything, but I still feel like I should have gotten more for a couple of the girls.

I've noticed when you know exactly what they want that's what you get them, however if you're not sure about someone you get them a lot hoping they'l like at least a few that you got.

But I still feel so bad, you know?

Okay, just need to move on.

Cause this is just making it worse.

I got some good stuff. Luggage, pillows, clothes, snacks, games, purple spoon cause Second Sister likes to get me purple stuff, amongst other things.

Watched the Husker game in the middle of the presents hysteria. I knew we wouldn't win but at least we kept up with them for a while.

Had to wear my Burkhead jersey since it was his last game.

Ate lunch, watched more football, ate some more, that's about it.

Now Carter and I are back at the apartment though my voice is almost completely gone. Tomorrow should be fun since I'm training a volunteer in the morning at work.

Carter was not pleased to come back to the apartment. He sat by the door for a while once we got back and stared at me as if to say, "take me back. you will do it and you will do it. now." The car ride back was ridiculous. Every other second he was yelling. He really likes the farm. Even if he spent most of his time there in the basement.

But he loves the basement cause he can climb in the ceiling cause there's a hole. No idea what he does up there, just as long as he doesn't come down with a dead rodent I think we're okay.

Alright, I really should crash. Had an awesome time with the family and the boyfriend.

Tomorrow is a big day.

Like big big day as it will be our first anniversary.

But tomorrow will be like his Monday since he had to go into work and he's been on normal people hours through his vacation so I told him I wouldn't be offended if he chose to sleep instead.

I'm gonna sleep right now, but first.

Okay, now I am officially out of christmas music.

The Christmas Can-Can - Straight No Chaser


tune in this week for some of my favorites from 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment