I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, January 28, 2013

and the mutants over at table nine.

Took a night off yesterday as I didn't have much to say.

Not that that's changed today.

Slept in - only worked 12-4 - then got to lead a comps review. Well, the Library Goddess was technically in charge as we did it over speakerphone but I had half and she had half.

Except I'm not taking comps yet so I don't have the links. But they did so we were fine. It was a good group, pretty self-sufficient so it was fun.

After that Smo came over, she has class in town tomorrow so she's staying over.

We watched some Storage Wars and 2 Broke Girls after realizing that out the 26 people that graduated half of them are already married or engaged.

But that's huge cause like 2 years ago there were only 2 of us married.

To each other.

It's amusing to look back at those yearbooks and see how much people have changed.

Thinking back I wanted to teach high school English.

Now I sort of do.

I got the Teen Advisory Board and I work in Lit so I'm calling it a win.

No, I was in the ed program but dropped it after realizing how many hoops you have to jump through to get your degree. English was good enough for me and I'm glad I dropped it cause then I wouldn't be in the library world today.

I'm excited about the library world this week. Tomorrow is my night off so hopefully I'll be able to see the boyfriend, but Wednesday and Thursday I'm touring some sweet special libraries for class. Secret passage ways, ghost stories, etc. More on that later.

With these 2 online courses there's been some interesting stuff so far as well. We're working on this "story behind a story" project where you pick something in the news and then tie it with other links you think match so like if you were focusing on Sandy Hook you could talk about gun control, grief counseling, etc.

I'm thinking of going with the whole Obama thinking football is too dangerous. We do live in the center of Husker Nation where the majority of the residents are Husker fanatics - leaving out half my colleagues of course - but I'm thinking I can include stuff about concussions side effects, maybe statistics on injuries, talk about the history of football safety standards - the evolution of helmets and padding, etc.

We have to have 5 links and create a source ourself so you may be getting a blog entry on something of the like so I can link to it.

So here's your forewarning.

Don't know, it sounds fun and that's what I was going for. It's gotta be a national/international news thing that's relevant to our patron base. And really that's all I could think of that I found legitimately interesting.

I'll keep you posted on the progress I'm sure.

Alright, on to the music.

Watching The Wedding Singer so you're getting some 80's awesomeness.

You Spin Me Right Round - Dead or Alive

rockin' the purple jacket

I love this movie. Total 10/10 on the Scale of Awesome. Adam and Drew were great.

Grow Old With You - Adam Sandler

"NO WAY!"

he's actually a really good singer, especially in this movie. think he was a wedding singer in a past life.

one of my favorite drew movies.

and love them reunited in 50 First Dates

plus i totally saw Billy Idol live at Warped Tour back in '05. He's wicked.

legitimate pre-midnight post. holy crap tag in use.


No comments:

Post a Comment