I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, January 11, 2013

"and don't forget to pay the lady."

Holy crap, McDermott just woke up.

Scared the crap out of Carter.

Freakin' Furby.

So I was up 'til about 4 last night.

Couldn't sleep - combination of factors aka sickness and restlessness but I was really productive, verified by the fact that the Library Goddess emailed me back this morning with, "what were you doing up that late?!"

Went into work anyway cause I promised Slim Shady that I wouldn't miss her last day.

She got her dream schedule today and ended it with me closing down second floor.

Walking her out for the last time I had flashbacks of walking out Fearless Leader and taking her picture in front of the library.

Took Slim's picture in the workroom taking her name off her locker - see Facebook.

Same frickin' locker that attacked us - fell over on us and they're huge and heavy so Big Brother and Fearless Leader had to come on the run to save us.

AND NOW ALL THREE OF THEM ARE GONE, so the next time it tips I'm hosed.

See, when Fearless Leader left it sucked.

It did.

But now they're both gone and it sucks even more.

Cause the three of us were pretty tight - dinners, movies, booze cakes, etc.

We were all hired within months of each other and we were around the same age so we were fast friends.

But the difference between Slim and Fearless is that Fearless had a boyfriend the whole time she was at the work branch, however Slim and I went on our fair share of bad dates and then got to vent all about them before we both got together with our respective "he's the one" guys.

So we bonded and vented and vented some more. And while I love all of my coworkers it was nice having someone my age that was going through the same stuff.


Even SuperWoman tracked me down this afternoon and went "both of your buddies are gone."

Yep.

Oh well, still got the New Guy who's my age and BossLady isn't much older.

And we always say, it's not goodbye but really it is.

The end of an era.

An interesting end to an interesting day at the library.

She did really go out with a bang - literally, Queen of the Known Universe  and I got the pleasure of calling the cops over a fist fight on first floor. There was a chunk of hair on the floor when I showed the cop where they fought, it was nasty.

We just heard thumping noises and saw people fleeing the area before we figured out what was going on.

Apparently one of the fighters was mouthing off to one of the cops outside and they had to take him down.

Joy.

What else from today?

You should never go grocery shopping when you're sad. You'll buy far more junk food than you should.


Oh well, see there's a reason I didn't label losing weight as one of my resolutions.

Mostly because I always list it and never do it so I'm thinking if maybe I don't list it and the pressure's off maybe I actually will do it.

Does that make sense at all?

Alright, aiming for earlier than 4 though it is already 2:30 though this time I don't have to wake up until like 5PM tomorrow. The boyfriend and I are taking Bubby, Squirt and Squirt's BF to a hockey game. Should be interesting.

Moving on to the music, more of 2012's greatest hits.

Back In Time - Pitbull


i used to really not like him. his miami's and havana's drove me nuts but he's growing on me. like this one a lot, along with the newest release.


Die Young - Ke$ha


but see with her i've always been a fan.


One That Got Away - Katy Perry


i'm sorry but old katy is creepy.

but anyway, after watching her Part of Me movie totally see her from a completely different perspective. even bigger fan now.

remember when i started falling asleep to storage wars? back in like july? i'm bringing it back. it's entertaining but not entertaining enough to keep me awake.

i go in spurts on who to root for. think jarrod and brandi are my favorite. barry coming in second. dave's alright but i don't remember the name of the other one, darrell? right?




No comments:

Post a Comment