I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Is it all sunsets and rainbows or did you throw up in your mouth a little?"

I knew when I slept through my alarm that this was gonna be an off day.

Woke up at 9:01.

Supposed to be at work at 9:05. Hit snooze too many times apparently.

So I called Superwoman who covered for me 'til I got there.

I got to shelve for a couple of hours today, ah flashbacks. Though shelving at the work branch is a lot less zen than at the home branch.

Mostly because there's more stuff, but also with the home branch I could tell you exactly where anything was without wandering around trying to find it. I knew which author was at the end of the row before you had to go to the other side because I shelved them every day.

Though now since they've shifted that's all changed.

But anyway, with the work branch there's so much stuff and I'm just not used to it so I have to go by signs - some of which are wrong, btw - so I'm scrambling and it took so much longer than I thought it would.

I only did fiction though, no nonfiction.

What's funny is that I know the nonfiction call number breakdowns because I can visual which subject is shelved where at the home branch. Like oh, that's there so that must be in the 741.5's. Could actually tell you the order of the general stuff from memory.

In fact I already did. Go here: Rockin' Reference with the Shelver's Curse

Though I do have an excuse to wander in the nonfiction since we just did a huge shift.

So now when I'm helping a patron I just look like an idiot going, it'll be this way, nope, sorry next row.

Where was I going with this?

Oh, I got to shelve.

It was fun though not the same.

After work went out with Oldest Sister and Squirt.

Things overheard at dinner
-"Evidently she's a whore."
-"But she's a nice whore."

-"Maybe they think Squirt's hot" about our waiter talking to his boss and looking at our table but not taking our order.

-"All my bitches are freshmen."

-"Is it all sunsets and rainbows or did you throw up in your mouth a little?"

Alright, early morning tomorrow meeting the Library Goddess so I'm out after these hits of 2012.

Titanium - David Guetta feat. Sia


love the mix of this one from pitch perfect. will have to find it later and post it.

interesting video, not what i was expecting.

Too Close - Alex Clare


very catchy, cool video


Good Feeling - Flo Rida



too catchy for its own good.


No comments:

Post a Comment