I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, January 19, 2013

and then you'll want the love you threw away before...

I'm tired of filling a tire that was supposedly fine a month ago!!

Broken it is.

Full of crap mechanic is.

Play nice or I go Yoda on your ass.

It gets really old really fast.

So, my week has been suckish.

Which you know already.

But today wasn't so bad.

Was almost incident free and I got to see the boyfriend.

But that's part of why the week is suckish, he's busy and I'm exhausted and freaking out about stupid stuff that's going to my head.

But apparently I'm a better actress than I thought cause I play it off fine.

IN FACT Bosslady actually used the words "chipper" and "perky" to describe me. Then she called me a cheerleader and I laughed in her face.

Then called Sketch who laughed in mine.

Cause if you know me know me, you know that I am none of those things.

It was my brother who brought it to my attention in the first place when I got two jobs at once with no experience.

"You must be a good actress."

But that's me. Be the person they want me to be, keep my head down and I'll be fine.

Not that there's anything wrong with cheerleaders, I may be marrying into a family filled with them sometime within the next 10 years.

I'm giving him 10 though with the rules of inflation he may only have 5 and some change.

Oldest Sister got married at 21.

Brother got married at 24.

Second Sister got married at 27.

With inflation that gives me until 30, right?

We'll see about that.

I mean, it's not as if I'm going anywhere so I'm fine with waiting, but there is such a thing as waiting too long.

Anyway, we watched Moonshiners.

My dad would be so proud.

And then some Die Hard.

Stoked for the new one!! He was making fun of it, saying they'd still be making Die Hard's when Bruce is old and in a wheelchair.

But I don't care cause they are all awesome. And now I'm tempted to watch the first one from the start. Do a marathon over the holiday weekend.

I'm off Monday and Tuesday!!

Technically we're only closed Monday but since I worked the weekend and did the party on Friday I'm taking my 2 days off and getting the heck out of dodge. Think gonna go crash at the farmhouse for a few days.

Gotta get out of here, clear my head and all that crap.

Ha! Sketch.

I didn't realize how often I used the phrase "and all that crap" until Sketch and I had this epiphany that if people overheard our conversations and how we ended them they'd think that we have no emotions whatsoever cause it's always "well i love you and all that crap. okay bye." or something to that effect.

But it's just our thing.

The thing and the thing.

She gets it.

I get it.

Like I said, not so chipper, perky, cheerleader, whatever on the inside.

Just on the outside at work.

Which I can do.

It's basically a job requirement.

Or as one of my grad school classmates put it, "Just don't be an asshole. That's my mission statement."

On to the music:

Keystar - Munchausen By Proxy

2:16 is still the best.

wish they made a complete album. granted half the soundtrack is theirs but still, they rock.

i need more keytar.

Final live appearance together

One Fine Day - The Chiffons

not bad for 49 years later.

i've watched that movie and listened to that soundtrack far too often but it popped up on shuffle on the ride back and i totally jammed out. almost missing the cop sitting in the middle of the road.

good thing i don't speed on the way back.

i go back and forth on which version is my favorite, but it's usually this one

One Fine Day - Natalie Merchant

pretty sure i posted this one back during Merchantfest but you're getting it again anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment