I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, January 18, 2013

i say yes when i oughta say no.

Ah how I miss sleeping in.

Yesterday was long, more training and all that but I got to come home, watch some Homeland, talk to Sketch, plan out our next adventure - we're thinking March - and relax. But I was on the phone with her for like 2 hours and falling asleep by the time I got off so I skipped posting.

Today was nice, didn't have to go in until 5:30, though missed out on dinner with the boyfriend's family so that kind of sucked.

But the teen thing was fun. It was a cosplay party which is basically where they show up in costume and we play games. They did some charade stuff and then got candy and we played Apples to Apples, Clue, Life, Hangman, and Mafia.

I've watched people play mafia for years at camp and I still have no idea what it's about.

But they seem to enjoy it.

My gang all played Apples to Apples.

Used the same rule as at the Holiday Party since they again chose the adult version over the junior one. If you don't know who the person is hand it to me and pick a new card. Tonight's people included: Steve Martin, Al Pacino, Jacques Cousteau, John Travolta, amongst others.

Big surprise they knew who Georgia O'Keefe was.

Well, one of them at least.

They always make me feel super old when we play.

But I guess I am, at least compared to them.

They tend to stick together, not big into mingling. I had to encourage that a bit when they went to do the charades but they made it through unscathed.

But they're teens so that's kind of expected. I was that way as well.

Afterward we leaders went out for drinks.

And sorry, but Vegas rules apply so you get nothing.

Though I will say we were the loudest table there.

And it was humorous because we're a bunch of library people at a bar under investigation for having strippers there earlier this week.

I even got carded! Which rarely happens anymore.

It was a lot fun. Never really get to see these guys aside from inservice and youth services meetings. And meetings are meetings, as much fun as they may be.

Learned a lot of fun life lessons and humorous library stories so now I'm going to bed because I'm working all weekend. But I have Monday and Tuesday off so it'll be worth it.

On to the music:

They played an interesting collection of music at the bar tonight, ranging from NSync to Steppenwolf. I'll give you a varied range as well.

All Right Now - Free


classic, good jam song

I Get Around - Dragonette


cause i like them and it's catchy. another great jam song.

And it's humorous to see their reactions when the cymbal falls off.



Back to Storage Wars again. Why is Darrell known as "The Gambler" when he never buys anything? Like he'll bid and then quit. Like 5 out of every 6 episodes he goes home empty.

I think I'm watching far too much of this show to realize that.

Turning it off and putting on Homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment