I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, January 21, 2013

24601

I'm sorry, but I think it's hysterical when a pickup plastered with stickers about how badass the driver is drives slower than anyone else in bad weather.

You know the stickers I'm talking about? The skull and bones and stuff about guns and all that.

I'm sorry if you're one of those people.

Perhaps you should add a "I'm a safe driver" sticker right next to the one of the little kid peeing on your ex wife.

Every once in a while you'll see cool bumper stickers.

Get a New Car for Your Spouse. It'll Be a Great Trade. 

My other car is a broom.

Horn broken...watch for finger.

Princess, Having Had Sufficient Experience With Princes, Seeks Frog

What If the Hokey Pokey Really IS What It's All About?

So Many Pedestrians - So Little Time

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To

Do NOT play leapfrog with a unicorn

If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Isn't for You.

etc. 

So I ate in a giant train today. 

Well, the outside was a train, the inside was a building, covered in train pictures and a functional model train that my dad apparently gave them. It runs along the ceiling if you put a quarter in a slot. 

He gave him another after we ate. 

Huge hamburgers, they were awesome but I think I ate like a third of it. 

Oh well, lunch for tomorrow. 

If Dad hasn't already eaten it. 

After that I watched J-Law on Saturday Night Live. 

Love that kid. 

"the alphabet called, it wants its letters back."

Some of the sketches on that show have become a bit out there. 

Not as funny as with the old cast. I miss Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon. And you know Cheri Oteri, Ana Gasteyer, Kristen Wigg, Jimmy Fallon, Chris Kattan, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, etc. 

Just not the same without them.

Though it is interesting to see Keenan go from All That to SNL as All That was basically SNL Jr.

And they're apparently running reruns now. Wonder if they have seasons of that out on DVD. I'll have to check Amazon later.

Alright, so after eating in a train, helping mom with some tax thing and watching about 5 minutes of Bones I headed up to see Les Miserables with the boyfriend.



Scale of Awesome puts it at around 6.5/10.

Yes I know, I know, you can stop throwing fruit at me.

It was a big movie, I was just expecting it to be epic.

And to me it wasn't.

I know, I'm an awful person, I have no taste, blah blah, whatever.

And with a musical I'm shocked cause they're normally my thing.

Usually right after watching one I'll go buy the soundtrack and I've heard nothing but good things about this movie and its soundtrack but I still don't have the urge to buy it.

Granted I do already own half of them from when we did a medley of them in high school.

But I haven't seen any of the past movies or read the book so those songs were the only thing I knew plotwise.

And without knowing who sang them it didn't give me much.

But the costumes and the sets and the casting was all great especially Anne and Hugh.

And I did really like Helena Bonham Carter, but she's always great.

I don't know, I just couldn't get into it.

Just something wrong with my taste this week I guess.

Anyway, I'll put my name on the list at the library but I don't think it'll be one of those things I'll buy and watch over and over.

Kind of like Zero Dark Thirty - now that one was epic.

But once you've seen it you've seen it and don't really want to watch it again.

Or maybe that's just me.

After the movie we watched some American Pickers and then I headed back to the farmhouse since he had to go to work.

Tomorrow I plan on sleeping in, eating some lunch, watching a movie and taking a nap, jamming around the house and then stopping by the boyfriend's place on the way back home as I have to work again Wednesday, and Thursday but not Friday, woohoo!

But that's only cause I pulled the weekend shift again.

On to the music:

Dreaming of You - The Coral

some stylin' haircuts

Superhero (acoustic) - Cher Lloyd

the rest of her CD is actually pretty great. granted the reason i got it was Want U Back, but still.

and because i feel the need to post something as it was a musical but can't choose which number to choose, you get all of them.



he's got skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment