I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

That's what Diana Ross said.

Okay, can't have another hour and a half long post like last night's as it's far too late for that and I need to be sleeping as of right now.

Staff meeting in the morning and it's generally a good idea to be coherent during those.

Today went from frantic to fantastic.

So, I got stuck in my parking lot - again - this time I was able to reverse my way through it. Which freaked me out but then at least I was awake. Then when I get there the security guard is like, "whoa, you look nice today" cause I had dressed up for class afterward.

You know it's bad when the security guard notices. I was tempted to say it was laundry day except tomorrow's gonna be more of the same.

Speaking of class - it was awesome. We got to tour the capitol library and see the secret passageways.

This was another one of those frantic rushing things cause I made it all the way there then realized I'd left my homework in my locker so I had to go all the way back to work and then all the way back to the capitol. The amusing part of that being that I was running and I passed these people on the bus stop on the way to grab the homework from my locker and then I ran passed them to get back to the capitol and the looks on their faces were priceless, like, "wait, didn't you just go that way?"

Glad I got there early, otherwise I'd be screwed but I've already got tomorrow's homework printed and sitting in my car so I'm ready.

Here's some history for you I picked up today. Originally the capitol was in Omaha but then it was moved to Lincoln however, they didn't want to move the capitol's library to Lincoln so a bunch of people went there in the dead of night, loaded up all the books, put them in a wagon and brought them to Lincoln.

Four days later - yeah, a whole four days - some dude notices and goes to the Mr. Boss Man asking "Where's the library?" "It's in Lincoln." "Bring it back."

Seriously? The library is gone and it's not noticed for four days?

Afterward I headed out to see the boyfriend. We watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang -with Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. Totally random and jumped from point to point but it was interesting.

Much like Downey Jr. himself.



I'm wondering how much is improv vs. how much is scripted in any of his films.

Scale of Awesome rates it in the 6.5ish/10 area. Not too bad but not awesome awesome.

We also watched Sister Act and now all of those songs are stuck in my head.

But now I'm back, I won't tell you what time, just that the stop lights were flashing - they do that in a small town after midnight so you can go straight through, I mean check both ways first obviously. And I got to stay later cause the boyfriend is working days this week, training on a new machine. Should be nice to get to sleep normal hours. But we're gonna hit up the hockey game this weekend and relax cause we both have it off.

So just two more days.

"Paris? Turns out this humidor's pretty Francy."

Alright, sleep now.

Clip of the day:

"what're you gonna have?"

Song of the night:

i feel like i post oh maria all the time so you'll Follow Him this time



and you know both of these movies are 10/10 - goes without saying. even the boyfriend was quoting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment