I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, January 13, 2013

"but when it comes to torture I trust the lady who spent 3 years married to James Cameron."

Ah, the weekend.

Can't believe it's already over.

Not that I don't like my job, I love my job. I'm just not looking forward to going back as much now that I'm Slim-less.

It will also probably take a while for her position to be filled so we'll be short-staffed.

But that's fine, gives me stuff to do.

Though I'll have plenty to do tomorrow. Still freaking out and feel like I should go back and start over on my scavenger hunt.

That takes place Tuesday.

I mean, it's fine, but there's like these things hidden in books that they have to locate meanwhile answering bonus questions and I'm debating if I want to like...

... yeah, I think I'm going to glue the questions to the clues in the book and then just give them like a blank sheet to write the answers on. That'll be good instead of having a seperate sheet.

Yeah.

I know, it's dumb and I'm over analyzing

What else?

The boyfriend and I took the kiddos to the hockey game last night. Bubby, Squirt and Squirt's boyfriend. It was amusing, but we lost. We always lose when I go. Either I'm bad luck or we really suck.

Or maybe both.

Anyway, it was amusing though cause there were like 5 fights.

When I say fights I don't mean slam a guy against the wall and steal the puck, I mean sticks on the ground, gloves off, fists flying and all that.

But they look like such dorks because they have so much padding on and they're on skates so they're off balance and their fighting just looks hysterical.

One of the fights was between goalies - this was fight number 4 I think, it happened at the same time as fight number 3 and about 2 minutes after fight number 2. But it was like the goalies looked at each other and went, yeah, why not and met up in the center of the rink.

10 minutes for fighting.

Perhaps if our boys were more focused on scoring and less on hitting people for no reason they would have won.

But that's just a theory.

Anyway, we got hosed but the game was fun. The kids seemed to have fun. And it was a fun date night. Today was super lazy. Slept in, watched the rest of season one of Game of Thrones - don't even get me started about my feelings about sean bean's character - went out for some lunch, then he went and bought more motorcar stuff before heading home to sleep more cause he has to work tonight.

I hate our schedules. It's only weekends that he doesn't have to work and I end up working half of mine so spending time together when there's actually time to spend is difficult.

But after he left I had all these plans to like clean and all that. See, I vacuumed yesterday so the floor is all clean and the trash is gone but the rest of the place is still covered in dust. But it's the weekend and as my sister would say, "I'm on my vacation!" so I instead chose to watch Homeland - awesome, btw - and took a nap before turning on the Golden Globes. Which is where the title of this post came from. Pretty sure I filled up everyone's newsfeeds. But they'll get over it. Gotta keep track of my score and all that. Sketch and I like to commentate but she was gone so one-sided it's not as funny.

Here are some of my highlights:

Amy Poehler and Tina Fey hosting - The queens of comedy so you knew their intro would be good. That's where the title came from. Though I was surprised that they weren't on stage very often. I mean, I know the majority of the talking is done by the presenters and then of course from the winners with their long speeches but I think they were up there like 3 times total, 1 was the intro and the other 2 were with drink in hand. Maybe it was 4 I don't know. Though I did like their outfits. In a couple of the awards they were in the crowd dressed in costume and were announced as one of the nominees. Amy with bad teeth and Tina with a mustache. And they were both up for an award but got beat out by Lena!! You knew Girls would win big tonight. Which leads me to my next highlight.

Lena Dunham's Girls - Even Girlscout was excited about this one. She won for best actress in comedy/musical TV series and also for best comedy/musical tv show. Only got brief glimpses of her tattoos but when you get a chance you should take a look. They're all characters from children's books, Ferdinand, Eloise, etc. - yay read!

Is that Bill Clinton? - I think he got more applause than anyone else, but what the hell was he doing there? I like sat up and everything. Apparently he was invited to introduce Lincoln as it is a presidential movie. But the only other person that got a standing ovation from everyone was Jodie Foster for her Cecil B Demille Award. She was great as well though her speech felt like half an hour. And it was hard to follow that intro by Robert Downey Jr. Anyway, I posted on Facebook something about what the heck was he doing at the Golden Globes and my college professor posts back, "Why not? Clinton is one of the greatest actors of all time."

"Thank you for killing whoever you had to kill to get me up here today." - J-Law is awesome as ever. Even with the flu she kills it on stage.



Probably my favorite speech of the night.

Followed closely by this one:

I want to high-five James Bond! - Adele beats Taylor Swift and Keith Urban for best original song.



love her, she's fantastic.

Homeland still dominates - See, I've just today gotten hooked on the show so I felt like I could legitimately vote on it. I would have watched it earlier but the holds list for it at the library was madness. Anyway, it's awesome and it deserves all the awards that are thrown its way. Both Damien and Claire won - "who took my pants out every damn week", I was hoping for Mandy to win as well - it's amazing how similar Saul and Gideon's characters are - but he lost to

Les Miserables takes the cake - Loved Anne's speech dedication to Sally Field about breaking stereotypes. "and our crew who deserve a special award for pretending they like live singing at 7AM". She's just cool, you know? I loved her growing up in the Princess Diaries, she was hysterical in Get Smart, badass in Batman and now incredibly talented in Les Miserables. Which I have yet to see, same as Little Brother so we bonded over that. Everyone was claiming that Lincoln was gonna dominate but actually I think Daniel was the only one who won for it. But I got to proclaim my love for Hugh Jackman to which my favorite Aussie responded "of course you do, he's an Aussie!" This is true, but not as cool as my favorite Aussie. It's amazing how many of my Drew-mates jumped on to my commentary. Little Brother, Favorite Aussie, UZ, etc. Feel so behind on that stuff, she got married, had a kid and I barely know anything about it.

Argo F Yourselves - Glad Argo won best picture. It was afterall the only one that I had seen in the bunch which is why I voted for it, but also because it was a really good movie. Ben deserved the win, both of them in fact. Though it was amusing that he had his wife on stage later thanking the people he forgot.

With that vote I ended up with 17 out of 25 which isn't bad. That's a passing grade. I think. Barely. Maybe not, my math is a little rusty.

Speaking of math, it feels so weird for the semester to have started and I don't have homework due until like next week. My only classes don't start until like the 22nd and then my Special Libraries class homework isn't due until the night before our field trip. Granted I'll do it before that, but still. It's nice. Though with 2 of them online and no one around to remind me about homework I'm really gonna have to work on my time management.

Gonna enjoy my freedom as long as I can so with that I will post this, shower, and sleep and then head back to work all week, plus the weekend as my next day off isn't until Monday.

More of 2012's greatest hits

Drive By - Train


really liking their new music. drops of jupiter was good until it was played repeatedly without end. the new stuff is excellent.


Glad You Came - The Wanted


came out in 2011 but more popular in 2012, most requested/played of the year according to ryan seacrest.


Good Time - Owl City Feat. Carly Rae Jepsen


excited to see them live!

we don't even have to try it's always a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment