I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"I'll deck your halls."

Big day for a Tuesday.

Worked 9-6, got to spend the morning at the home branch jammin' with Joe Studley. We're both such goofballs so the time flies by. Drive thru for lunch and back to the work branch in the afternoon. Check-in and supplies in the afternoon.

After work was a different story. It's the boyfriend's birthday today so we went out to eat with his parents. Got a hot beef sandwich - one of my favorite meals, though it's hard to beat tacos - and then we came back and watched the last part of The Grudge.

Nightmare-worthy but I like Sarah Michelle-Gellar so it was fine. And there was Seinfeld as well - finally saw the Soup Nazi. I've seen a few episodes but I was never a die hard like some of my cousins. Perhaps I'll order a few seasons through the library.

So I was there 'til 11, got back at midnight and then watched THE VOICE FINALE which was EPIC. Lots of duets with famous artists and they brought back a lot of singers - they let the finalists sing a song with singers of their choice. Gonna Rock and Roll All Night was my favorite - Terry brought back Michaela, Amanda, Bryan, and Rudy. Nicholas brought back Amanda as well, along with Dez and Trevin. Cassadee went with country singer Liz, unique artist Melanie and vocal powerhouse De'Borah.

She also performed with her idol - and mine - Avril Lavigne. And then turned into an excited mess immediately following.

Which leads me to the winner.

Major spoiler alert - if you hadn't figured that out already - the winner is....

*dramatic pause*


*insert crazy girl celebration* my number one actually pulls it off.

lasted much longer than last year, and while jordis still does rock cassadee is my favorite of the two. mostly cause i liked hey monday before the voice and that just carried over.

But I'm so happy she won, though I would have cheered if it had been Terry too. Nicholas would have been interesting as well.

Aside from the winner being announced I think this was my favorite famous artist duet.



just cause i'm a nerdy fan for both of them.

The bring back performances were alright, as were the super group ones but nothing spectacular so I'll move on to the Christmas music and post them later.

Christmas Music That Doesn't Suck: Day Five


Oh Little Town of Bethlehem - Frank Sinatra


again with frank on a classic. last year's was Sarah McLaughlin, she's always great with christmas music.


Silent Night - SNL Choir


no words. last year was aly and aj but this is better.


What Child is This - Carrie Underwood


rockin' country chick. last year's was charlotte church.

For last year's Day Five go here

did i mention it's not only my boyfriend's birthday today but also cassadee's boyfriend's birthday? and xtina's? so sad she's skipping next season but she'll be BACK!

oh well, i will attempt to stop talking about it for a while. next season doesn't start up again until march anyway so take a well-deserved break from my rambling...on that topic.

here's the preview for next season.


my shakira, how you've changed.

and she's out.

just realized that timothy hutton is very similar to ryan o'neal. thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment