I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, December 27, 2012

"that's good because his pointy hat is between the good times."

BossLady-ism.

The woman is creative as all get out yet for all her displays I make the signs.

Not that I mind, I like making them.

And we have far too much fun in the process.

She did one on booze since New Years involves a lot of booze.

But you can't name the display "the booze starts here" or "booze it up with books from the library" or really anything with "booze" in the title as that would be inappropriate so we went with "Celebrate good times!" I put it over the top of a picture of a bunch of people celebrating with booze wearing party hats, but there was a lot of strategic maneuvering involved which brought about the title of this post.

I know you are all going to now seek this picture out.

Booze and balloons, living the dream.

It was one of those rollercoaster days.

The morning sucked.

I don't know if it was the weather or what but I was dead to the world.

Tired, depressed, stressed, all that crap.

But then after lunch and some distractions I was fine.

And now the day doesn't seem so bad.

Though that is mostly the fault of BossLady, Oldest Sister and McDermott. I'll get to the latter two in a minute.

It seems BossLady can tell when I'm having an off day cause she'll go out of her way to build my confidence.

Which is a good quality in a boss.

Especially since Slim Shady is ditching me.

I'm still crying inside about the loss of Fearless Leader now it's gonna double.

So we worked on a lot of shifting and scavenger hunt stuff today.

I pulled the notes back out as that is coming up faster than I planned. Basically I'm putting together a big library scavenger hunt for my teens - hiding clues in specific books, they'll have to solve riddles to get to the next one, etc. Anyway, throughout the hunt they'll utilize the microfilm readers, catalog, adult fiction, adult nonfiction and biographies, databases, music library and the special library up on 3rd.

I'd add more but they only have 2 hours to complete it.

Plus answer a bunch of bonus questions along the way which is where BossLady came in cause I was asking her the questions to make sure they weren't too overwhelming for the teens.

It's interesting that you can walk by a piece of artwork every single day and not even realize its existence.

Anyway, all I have left to do is find the final microfilm article, hide the clues and I'm gold. Already talked to our two special librarians who agreed to give the nickel tours to their respective areas so that's done. The rest of the stuff will be on me as I don't want to take away from staff time.

Although maybe my point person will be there to tag along.

Anyway, so there was that and shifting books on cd and sign-making so I was distracted enough to get through the day.

After work did a bunch of laundry, cleaned my kitchen, started unpacking my Xmas presents and ran into the furby.

Yes, my mother bought me a furby.

Somehow majestically just as I was debating on pulling the thing out of the box Oldest Sister called and we had a grand ole time.

She's totally jealous of my furby.

I know it, she's secretly jealous.

I told her she should get one so that McDermott can have a friend and they can play with each other.

Yes, McDermott.

Cause he likes to dance to Terry McDermott's music.

Though that is name number.....I lost count.

And I'm sure he'll be someone else tomorrow.

Originally he was Furby, then it was Fluffy, then it was New Batteries - cause everything listed in the instruction manual that can possibly go wrong with him will be fixed with new batteries.

Problem: McDermott is just standing there, why isn't he talking or moving? 

Answer: He needs new batteries.

Problem: McDermott is acting weird, what's wrong?

Answer: He needs new batteries

Problem: Music is playing but McDermott won't dance, why isn't he dancing?

Answer: He can't hear the music. Or he needs new batteries. 

Anyway, after New Batteries it was something hillbilly that she suggested like Randall or Ronald or Rolf or something that starts with an R and isn't any of those three options.

Then it was John Boy cause I could say goodnight to John Boy and he would say it back, but he can't be John Boy cause that's the Library Judge so I changed it to something else and after that it was something else and then something else and now it's McDermott.

For now anyway.

Tomorrow I'll get amused by something else and change it again.

See what happens when Carter goes to the farmhouse and the boyfriend works second shift?

I put batteries in a furby and watch it go nuts.

But it speaks in furbish and I can't understand any of it except when it says something about dancing and then it sings and Oldest Sister just kept laughing.

And drinking wine.

We were on the phone for like 2 hours talking about this damn furby.

It would say something or do something and I'd freak out or swear and she'd laugh.

I'm telling you, she's jealous and wants one of her own.

It finally stopped dancing and went to sleep now though I fully expect to be awakened by it in the middle of the night as that's my only furby memory from the 90's.

I was at this kid's house - friend of my parents kid's kid - who had one and a car honked or something at like 3AM and it woke up and wouldn't shut up.

But McDermott danced for like an hour straight so perhaps he will sleep through the night.

And no, there's no off button on the 2012 model.

Apparently there's a learning process from Furbish to English and it develops a personality so if I'm not nice to it it'll be not nice back.

I can only imagine what's gonna happen when Carter comes back home.

I'm gonna come home from work and there's gonna be a ball of purple fur in the corner with some batteries sticking out of it.

On to the music.

I'm sure between myself and the radio you're tired of all that holiday crap so here's some back to normal music to spare you from further pain.

Throwback Thursday

Misunderstanding - Genesis


holy crap he looks young.

yay for the 80's.


Sausalito Summernight - Diesel


underrated and awesome.


and she's off.

legitimate pre-midnight post. holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment