I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, December 15, 2012

so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Yes, this is late. Sorry. Didn't get back 'til way late after the wedding last night.

Yes, there was a wedding.

And a holiday party.

Big day.

Woke up at 9AM, picked up the pizza around 10:15, then went to work to set up all the stuff for the holiday party - frantically flailing because I only had like 20 minutes by the time I got there.

The original plan was to eat pizza and other junk food - I got them clementines so it wasn't completely unhealthy - make holiday cards to take to the City Mission, then play apples to apples.

It ended up being just food and Apples to Apples.

Which I was okay with and they were haven't lots of fun so I'm calling it a victory.

After that I came home then n the boyfriend picked me up to go to his cousin's wedding reception. Got to meet some of the extended family and hung out with his siblings - danced with Rachel to the Cha Cha Slide and Gangam Style then did the Cotton Eyed Joe with his and Rebecca so I officially got my exercise.

That song is always so much longer than I remember. You get halfway through and go, ah crap.

They played Call Me Maybe but I was too lazy to go out there. It was funny though cause the dance floor was empty and then that started and people flocked out there.

The majority of the music played was country.

When I say majority I think the only ones that weren't country were 1 polka song and then previously mentioned ones.

We debated on making a list of music that will be banned from our wedding. Anything by Jason Aldean - sorry sketch - and the Chicken Dance.

Sorry but just no. We both run for the hills whenever that makes an appearance.

But we'll see.

We headed home around 10:15ish but it's a long drive so it was well after midnight before we got to the parking lot.

An interesting drive home, apparently glass caps are illegal on a truck.

Long story.

And our music taste is apparently similar cause half the stuff on his ipod is on mine as well.

So that was that.

Moving on to day two of the annual: Christmas Music That Doesn't Suck countdown until Christmas.

Day Two goes like this:

Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - interview on ABC News before performance
what the heck is grandma doing getting run over by a reindeer?! how many drinks did this woman have?

i know this is sensei's least favorite but it makes me laugh.

Little Drummer Boy - Kevin McHale, Glee soundtrack
no video for this one but kevin mchale is fantastic.
last year's was Sean Kingston which is also good but I think this one's better

Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
it's hard to beat the original even though i am a big fan of last year's PCD

For last year's Day Two go here

No comments:

Post a Comment