I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Watermelon Watermelon Watermelon

Went to church and watched M&J sing. You know how some people, not me cause I sing, but some people, when they have to sing in front of people, they instead just mouth "watermelon watermelon watermelon"?? while the rest of the group does the actual singing? We were teasing my niece because we could hear my nephew singing but we couldn't hear her.

Magwilde from Bonekickers is still haunting me. Every thought in my head comes out in a Scottish accent. "It's like graveyard jenga down here." Driving me bonkers. I should record that line and put it as my ringtone. Or when she says "Identify yourself creepy caller." That'd be a good ringtone too. I don't even know what my regular ringtone is set as since I have specific ones for the people who actually call me. Oldest sisters is Queen cause its her favorite, or one of her favorites, Brother's is Star Wars, Second Sister's is Scissor Sisters, Father's (since he's started calling me randomly, I think he's bored out of his mind or something) is "Takin' Care of Business", Mom's is "Swingin'" by John Anderson (previously posted here My Life in Closed Captions: take these broken wings and learn to fly...), BFF has Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock (from the Proposal look for Ryan Reynolds singing "It Takes Two" on Youtube), High school friends have "Hey Ya" because it was our basketball theme song since Freshman year, Extended family has the Mario Bros theme song which is also frequently in my head......and I think that's really all the people that call me. Everyone else texts and that's just some weird beep sounding thing. Oh except work people. Maybe I should change that to 9-5 by Dolly Parton.

But thinking of the watermelon watermelon watermelon thing brought me to some of those songs that you think you know what they're saying or you just mumble it because they're singing so fast you have no idea what's going on. You know those ones?
Here's an example:
"One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies

It's highly likely that I posted this during 90s week. In fact I'm pretty sure that I did. But it's a good song and it goes with my theme so I'm posting it again.

or this one:

"Cherry Cola" Savage Garden

Not actual video but its the song that matters.

And right now they don't sound so fast. But when you're trying to sing them at karaoke in front of a bunch of people that completely changes.


Alright, now that I have my angle for my big paper, hooray!, I can go to bed and worry about the rest of it tomorrow. It's actually a big big angle so suddenly I'm not so worried about the 4 pages single spaced plus 1 page of intro. It's the citation in APA that's throwing me off. I'm used to MLA and it shouldn't be that big of a deal but it's still frustrating.


here's a bonus just for you...

Ryan Reynolds in the Proposal. Fantastic movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment