I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, March 7, 2011

Rendezvous then I'm through with you - 90's music week Day One

Time: 8:39 PM
Location: Couch
Attitude: Amused

Woohoo, 90's music! I'm a fan. So, I'm making a week out of it. Deal.
I'm taking the week to post some of my favorite 90's music. Since there is so much of it you might be overloaded a bit. To be fair, it was ten years of awesome music...and some not so awesome music. I'll try to cut it down to 5 songs per post. Yes that is cut down.

Okay, Day One, I'll hit you with the template.
1. Awesome rock song (probable crossover with pop category)
2. Cool pop/rap song (probable crossover with rock category)
3. Mandatory Country song - since that's what I was mostly listening to in that time of life.
4. TV tie-in - soundtracks and all that
5. And a yes, I did listen to this song and do continue to when it comes up on my ipod, I don't care if it makes me a total dweeb.

Okay, let's get started.
1. "Inside Out" by Eve 6 1998

Big at the time, they had some other good ones as well, "Promise", "Anytime" and "Here's to the Night"
2. "One Week" Barenaked Ladies 1998

Used to totally try to keep up with them, it's a lot easier now that I know all the words, haha.
3. "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" Travis Tritt 1992

Flashbacks.
4. "Oh Happy Day" Sister Act 2 1993

Look closely and you'll see young versions of Lauren Hill and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Plus Whoopi in a habit. Awesome. Love this movie.
5. "Wannabe" Spice Girls 1996

Yes I do love the Spice World movie as well. Favorite girl band growing up. Seriously.

okay, end day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment