I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, March 6, 2011

You Drive Me Crazy 'til I'm Shattered

This weekend was a bit like madness - awesome one minute and the next total crap. Yesterday I actually got "all-hail"d by a coworker, she fake bowed and everything, it was amusing. Apparently I'm the go-to tech geek when virtual services has the day off. That was one of the highlights. One of the lowlights? Coworker calling in sick and us running the whole main library with a 4 person team. Let's put it this way, there was never a dull moment. Ever. Because there was no downtime. But at least the day flew by. And my supervisor came through unscathed. Barely. Felt bad for him, he was so stressed, but he pulled it off grandly.

So, to go along with the whirlwind of a weekend, I give you Shakin' Stevens!
Am I so weird to know this song? My partner in Delayed...Reaction knew it too but from when he was overseas. So we did it for karaoke a while ago...wow...karaoke, haven't done that in a while. Add that to the hobbies favorites week post. And killing plants. Not that it's my favorite but it's definitely been a hobby lately.
Anyway, here's "You Drive Me Crazy" by Shakin' Stevens.

Diggin' the whole dancing around in jeans thing. It's very George Michael. But I'm pretty sure he came before George Michael. The majority of Shaky's music came late 70's/early 80's. I think George Michael was more late 80's/early 90's.

Yes, I'm aware that this next song is nothing like the first one, but I said the weekend was madness so this post shall too be madness!
"Shattered" by Trading Yesterday

This is version two, the original version is just piano from 2:14 to 3:23, no vocal or guitar. Both are good but this is the one that came up when I searched therefore this is the one I'm posting. Love it, actually had it as my myspace song. Think it still might be my myspace song. Should probably check/update that sooner or later.

In other news:
-I attempted to watch the pilot of The Tudors but wasn't as enthused about it as I thought I would be. Everyone that I've talked to about it loves it, I just couldn't get into it.
-Thinking about doing another themed week, maybe best 90's music or 80's music or something. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment