I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stars, golden stars!

There was this professor in college who gave us this assignment that wasn't really followed up on, it was just in the syllabus and not mentioned in class so when we showed up for class that day she was like, "did anyone write the paper?" and a few of us raised our hands and she replied, "Stars! Golden stars!" then moved on. It was hysterical. Didn't even collect the papers. I think it was like a one page essay or something so not that big of a deal but it was hilarious and that line has just kind of stuck with me.

Today was fantastic. The day actually started on a high note, my Glee-loving boss and Space Cadet said I deserved a gold star for shifting books - we had this big hole in the 613 section aka health and wellness so I moved books so there wasn't a gap, and like every freaking book fell on me cause I'm a klutz and I could just hear everyone at the desk giggling with every book that fell on me. But I got to show off my handywork today to Space Cadet since it's finished and my Glee-loving boss literally stuck a gold star on my forehead. I felt special. But I moved it to my nametag since I had this weird feeling that this would be the day when someone like my sister would come in just out of nowhere and be like, why is there a gold star on your forehead?

Then at the other branch, Boss's boss's boss told me I did good yesterday at the meeting. Almost jumped for joy but held it in as that would probably be unprofessional. Anyway, got to see my favorite patron and we talked about going to the derby in a couple of weeks then had a lot of fun with my coworkers. They're all great, I love the staff at both places really. They are a major reason I love my job. Jobs.

Quote of the day
- "I'm too mellow to be one fellow. Shoulda been a dozen," (favorite patron).
- Then of course there was an interesting conversation about dresses and cowboy boots that I won't repeat. Gonna be a fun wedding, I'm stoked.

Music rec for the day - Maroon 5 "Harder to Breathe" 2003

Since I'm on kind of a Maroon 5 kick, cool video as well.

Think I'm gonna catch up on my missed shows from this week, I love Hulu it's fantastic. Not sure if they were new though, I did get to watch Castle which was hilarious, special guest star central seriously. So basically just going to have to see if Harry's Law or NCIS was new. I know Glee wasn't. And I think I missed Bones for a couple of weeks now so will have to look into that. Yay for a slow and relaxing night, that's new.

"Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe..."

No comments:

Post a Comment