I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Soy un perdedor

Does anyone else have this quirk where you hear an accent and then it's almost mandatory that you talk in that accent? Or is that just me? I think it's just me. You should have went to "New In Town" with myself and Amber squared, I couldn't stop talking in a Minnesotan accent for hours. They were laughing so hard and I was going bananas. My worst fear though is that everytime a foreigner comes in and asks for something and I answer that I'm answering back in that accent. Because that would be awful and awkward. But there's always that feeling like after they walk away where I'm like, I didn't do it did I?
Anyway, it's freakin' Magwilde and her Scottish accent that's been driving me bonkers. Even though it's a British show and she's supposedly a British archaeologist. Or maybe she's a Scot who works at a British University. It only lasted 6 episodes so they didn't explain that much. But yeah, Bonekickers, despite its awful reviews and thus its cancellation, it's really not that bad. Kinda cool actually with them talking about Excalibur, Joan of Arc, WW2, Knights Templar, the True Cross, Boudica, etc. But I'm a nerd.

Okay so this is one of those headspace songs that's completely anti-HeeHaw which of course was the first thing I got sucked into watching when I walked through the door. Give the man some free time and he gets a whole list of videos I'm supposed to watch while I'm here. And today's was hysterical, like these twin brothers were singing some song and I couldn't get through the thing with a straight face. Awful. I mean the song was okay but not the brothers with their feathered hair and their dancing with tamborines and guitars. I'll have to find it and link you to it cause seriously. I'd like to see you get through it with a straight face. But he's dad, so there will be plenty more tomorrow.
Back to the headspace, it's "Loser" by Beck, and this video is almost as morbid and disturbing as yesterday's She & Him. I could make a week out of morbid and disturbing music videos but I don't think it would end well. So I'll try to leave it as these two and post some sort of annoying, Pop, stuck in your head all day, jam out song instead.


Oh right, Awesome day at work, we have this cataloguer who works upstairs a few hours a week and right before opening she yelled, "Let's take 'em down!" Jumpstart to a very fast and quite frantic day. There wasn't a lot of time to sit down but I've found that's been happening a lot lately, maybe it's cause summer is approaching or something.
Tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to sleep in, and not wake up at 12AM thinking its 12 PM then freak out and start getting ready for work just to realize its still pitch dark out so I'm not actually late. Which is another quirk as of late. So yeah, hopefully not that for tomorrow, I'm aiming more towards sleep or like naps. And watching TV. and working on my paper due Saturday cause I probably won't get a lot done during the week.

"I'm a driver, I'm a winner. Things are gonna change I can feel it."

No comments:

Post a Comment