I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, March 26, 2011

25 peppers to 1 salt

Apparently pepper is healthy for you whereas salt is unhealthy. So, when sprinkling something with seasoning it is better for you if you choose pepper over salt. Who knew? So she did 25 pepper shakes and 1 salt shake. Awesomeness.

Gotta love family. My aunt and uncle moved here into this like awesome house, it's seriously impressive. We all went out to dinner then came back for a tour of the house. Lots of people. But awesome house. I'm super jealous. It was funny though because they were talking about how much stuff they had and then they were like, "the only thing worse would be moving your parents." Because seriously, my parents have a lot of stuff. Model trains, old cars, beanie babies, beer mugs, who knows what else is in that basement. Madness. They're never moving. We won't let them. Seriously.

Irony is that I was just talking about my aunt and uncle today at work. They live in Iowa. I used to go over to their house and play pool then go to Adventureland and all that. Ride all the roller coasters. Fun times. My uncle used to go on all of them with me, we liked to be in the front. I would like scream at the top of the hill going down and he would just put his hands up, haha.

After dinner/house tour we went back to my sister's house where I was foosball champion yet again. Undefeated, take that! Soulja Boy and The Chad totally dominated.

Today was a good day at work, short day actually so I mostly boxed up donations instead of working more on my project. Maybe Space Cadet will be there this week to help again.

Quotes of the day:
Uncle: "Where is your food?"
Aunt: "We ordered an ostrich and they had to go find one."
It took a while for our food because they were like out of whatever so we had to reorder. But it was funny because he couldn't hear what she was saying anyway because we were yelling across to the other side of the room. There were a lot of people at the table plus the game on.

Me: "You shocked the grapes?"
My other aunt and uncle have grapes in their garden but apparently they moved them or something and they're not doing so well so my aunt was like, "Yeah, they're in shock." Grapes? Really? Sad day.

Magwilde: "It's like graveyard jenga down here."
Bonekickers, they found a tank buried with dead bodies inside.

There are more quotes, mostly Austin Powers quotes from foosball or "Listen Plastic Man" from Red which I would say to Joe when he was snarky.

Music rec: "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here" She & Him

Although I did laugh hysterically at 1:02 this video completely and totally freaks me out. Seriously. And I love Zooey Deschanel, I think she's fantastic, as is the song. But what the?

Tomorrow means work 'til 6 then head to the farmhouse to take stuff to the parentals and stay over. Catch up on my DVR. Possible relaxation. Or being forced to watch HeeHaw reruns. Which really is the opposite of relaxation. Dad and his DVR. Crimeony.

"It's not a secret, why do you keep it? I'm just sitting on the shelf."

No comments:

Post a Comment