I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

An Unbelievable Barbie Girl whose Favorite Mistake is to be Never There while they Say a Little Prayer 90s Music Day Three

I think I used the word "Cheeseball" to describe myself about 50 times within 5 minutes. Sad day. I'm filling out this reviewer profile thing to be put on the website and I've filled it out and deleted it like 3 times already because I feel like a total cheeseball. Ramblings and Recommendations on here is one thing, on there I have to be all professional and sound smart and all that stuff. It's like a fulltime job. Which technically, it is. Black in the Crevices people, Black in the Crevices. My Life in Closed Captions: "I'm just coloring in the chicken feathers."

Quotes of the day:
"I'm gonna go all tea party..." (supervisor choosing book about history of america during staff meeting this morning
"Cream of whatever...no chunks." second sister describing hospital food

Day Three
1. Awesome rock song (probable crossover with pop category)
2. Cool pop/rap song (probable crossover with rock category)
3. Mandatory Country song - since that's what I was mostly listening to in that time of life.
4. TV tie-in - soundtracks and all that
5. And a yes, I did listen to this song and do continue to when it comes up on my ipod, I don't care if it makes me a total dweeb.

1. "Never There" Cake 1998

Love this song.

2. "My Favorite Mistake" Sheryl Crow 1998

While I'm not wild about the video I am about the song. It was my favorite for years but got edged out of its top spot by Aaliyah's "Are You That Somebody" which I already posted during favorites week (another 90s song) so I won't double post it. Even though it's fantastic.

3. "Unbelievable" Diamond Rio 1998

Another old favorite. I love all their stuff, my family actually has our own lyrics to "Meet in the middle", maybe I will post them later in the week.

4. "I Say a Little Prayer" My Best Friend's Wedding 1997

Haven't seen this movie in forever but this is the best part by far.

5. "Barbie Girl" by Aqua 1997

Aw the flashbacks. Mostly ones of high school, me and Smo laying in our neighbors bunk beds listening to this song on repeat even though the neighbors weren't in their room. I mean, they were originally. But then they left. And somehow we ended up staying. It was a long time ago, we actually just talked about that this weekend. "How did we get there?" "Why did we stay?" I just remember one of the upper classmen walking by, seeing us and going, "This isn't your room..."

And she's out!!...for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment