I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, March 18, 2011

It's a mad mad world...and the Vengabus is coming.

Or a mad mad rush in the library. Serious business today man. Lots of patrons, not as many workers. Never a dull moment. Ever. But that's the fun part, cause there's stuff to do instead of just sitting around.
Contrary to popular belief: Libraries, not so quiet. Or slow. People are everywhere, all the time.
But it's Friday! And I have the weekend off! The whole weekend! From both places! I think that's a first since like Christmas. Major shocker. But I love my job. Jobs. So I have no problem admitting that I'm likely turning into a workaholic.

And, in the spirit of Friday I'll hit you with a party anthem.

I love this video because it's so random. The hippie bus, dancing on a cliff, The Village People, Elvis? Awesomeness.
And yes you probably know the song from the Worlds of Fun commercials. But I know it from the Saltdogs games cause they play it every time we score.
And my fondest memory of this song, I say fondest with a sarcastic tone, was when we were up like 4-0 and every time it played my sister-in-law would yell, "Who sings this song again?" and I would yell back "The Vengaboys!" Every time! I was like, what is her problem? Did she forget already? See, my siblings and myself go every year to a Saltdogs game in August to celebrate birthdays, preferably on a Wednesday when it's dollar hot dog night, and yes there is drinking. So it took me four scores to figure out she was testing my coherency. Yes I was sober. And yes it was still the Vengaboys who sang the song.

I'm actually very excited for this weekend since the BFF is coming over and crashing at my place. That means watching movies, eating good food, staying up late, sleeping in late (if she'll let me, freakin' early riser), and general relaxation.

So, I hope you all enjoy yours as much as I'll enjoy mine. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment