I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Little Miss, Little Miss, Little Miss Can't Be Wrong - 90's music Day Two

Time: 2:30
Location: Couch
TV show on in background: Law and Order SVU season one, woohoo library dvds!
Attitude: Tired, and some dude is drilling something nextdoor so I can't nap. Mean.

Day Two, let's get started.
1. Awesome rock song (probable crossover with pop category)
2. Cool pop/rap song (probable crossover with rock category)
3. Mandatory Country song - since that's what I was mostly listening to in that time of life.
4. TV tie-in - soundtracks and all that
5. And a yes, I did listen to this song and do continue to when it comes up on my ipod, I don't care if it makes me a total dweeb.

1. "Phantom of the Opera Song" Me First and the Gimme Gimmes 1999

Think this is a fanmade video but it works.
I actually learned about them from my younger cousin when we were going somewhere like years and years ago. And since then I got my even younger cousin hooked on them as well. They do remakes of all sorts of songs, Dolly Parton, Billy Joel, Elton John, Dixie Chicks, they even cover Rocky Horror! "Over the Rainbow" is good as well as "Ghost Riders in the Sky", actually they're all good. Hope you check them out.

2. "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" Spin Doctors 1992

Pop-ish rock, I'm going with it.

3. "Sold" John Michael Montgomery 1995

This has an extended "let's dance around like idiots" segment at the end. Hysterical.

4. "You Don't Own Me" First Wives Club 1996

and yes I know the dance.

5. "Amish Paradise" Weird Al Yankovich 1996

I'm thinking he needs to make a comeback. Haven't heard anything out of him since "White and Nerdy" - another awesome song. I also enjoy his polka songs, the horoscope song and of course "The Saga Begins" aka the Star Wars song.

No comments:

Post a Comment