I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A night for mashups - blame the Ides

Beware the Ides of March....ps happy birthday smo!

Quote of the day:
Me: "Hey marks not dead right? I had a nightmare he died just making sure its just a dream."
Mom: "He looked alive an hour ago"
Me: "K good just checking"
You know you're off to a bad start when you have to text your mom in the morning to check if someone died.

Time: 8:27 PM
Location: Couch
Attitude: Amused...and tired...but mostly amused

Luckily the rest of the day was better. I've started these projects at the smaller branch, I went through all the jnonfiction and opened like every book to make sure it was ours because the bulk of them don't have it written on the spine. And we have a lot. So it took more than one day. But I found 11 that weren't ours, 1 in transit since 2009. Today I started on the jfiction. Tomorrow I will finish that and start on the jP's aka picture books aka the most we have in any section. And they're tiny. Should be fun. Cause I'm crazy. But everything looks all shiny and pretty!...for like an hour... Then kids come and that's all gone. I feel like I should take pictures to document that at one point it was all pretty and shiny.

Songs of the night...hmm... I'm feeling like a mashup, maybe two.

DJ Lobsterdust is awesome at these mashups, this is my favorite because it's soooo random. UNK vs. Avril Lavigne vs. Toni Basil...seriously? But it works! and it's sweet, you gotta check it out.

I love 2:24 just because you're not expecting it after watching everything else so far... haha. even the videos are mashed, it's awesome. and yes, i do love the "girlfriend" video by avril lavigne. it's fantastic. you should check out the full version if you have time.

I posted this one a while ago but I'm posting it again cause I think it's worth it.
DJ Earworm 2009 "Blame it on the pop"

pure awesomeness. he has one for 2008 and 2010 as well you can check out here
http://www.youtube.com/user/djearworm?blend=1&ob=4

short day tomorrow, woohoo! then i can finish season 1 of svu which i have out and its due like soon. i'm working on it. awesomeness so far.
also got registered for my next class, gonna be reading alllllooooot of young adult books but it'll be worth it.

aannnd i'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment