I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This vampire bat, This inhuman beast...

She oughtta be locked up, And never released.
This song has been stuck in my head since this morning when Sensei asked a girl about her dalmation coat. I'm going bananas.



I love Tallulah Bankhead. And that they based Cruella after her. That's fantastic. The bad girl of show business back in the 1930s-40s, she was an all-around actress, theater mostly but also movies, radio, and tv. She was known for her deep voice (calling everyone "Dahling") and um, well, we'll go with "rebellious" personality. That's the nice way of putting it. She was kind of a bitch. But she loved to party and smoke and do drugs and drink - her last word was "bourbon" or "codeine...bourbon" to be more specific - and she had an on-going rivalry with Bette Davis, they hated each other. But she had some of the best one-liners.
When seeing a former lover for the first time in years - "I thought I told you to wait in the car."

-"The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."

-"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time."

-"I'm as pure as the driven slush."

About Bette Davis -"Don't think I don't know who's been spreading gossip about me...After all the nice things I've said about that hag. When I get hold of her, I'll tear out every hair of her mustache!"

I've been a fan of hers for a while but watching that clip brought it all back.
If you have time you should check out her "Big Show" interview with Marlene Dietrich. Hysterical back and forth. I'll find it for you.
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

"Is this a dagger I see before me..." "THIRTY-TWO?!"
And don't ask about the dolls, I have no idea. I mean, obviously the redhead on the left is Tallulah, she smoked over a hundred packs a day.

Another one to check out is her duet with Jack Carson.
"Baby It's Cold Outside"

Hilarious.

Both available on itunes btw and my ipod, shameless plug.

But today was good. Got some ideas for my project due Saturday. The beauty of working with smart people. Not that it's rubbing off on me or anything, but they do give great tips. And Team Awesome was reunited for a few hours so that was exciting. Aka me and Girlscout. We don't get to work together very much so opening with her is always fun.
Tomorrow is halfday plus homework plus the possibility of going back to the white walls/sterylized equipment, but that depends on what mom and oldest sister have to say.

"Is that your age darling...or your shoe size?"

No comments:

Post a Comment