I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Way passed bananas...

and closing in on the Twilight Zone.

Oh the joys at work. We are up and running. Hooray! But that means checking in everything that we couldn't when we were down - which was multiple days - and learning all the new procedures as the day went on. I'm pretty sure I drove my supervisor nuts with all my questions. But they put me and my 'big brother' coworker in charge of the holds. And teaching the aides how to do them. And it's just funny, because I was teaching one of my favorites - he's hysterical and super smart - and he was asking all these questions that I had no idea the answers to! But with some help from a supervisor we figured it out. At 5 I basically ran for my life. And tomorrow I get to do it all again! This time at both branches, huzzah! But now I know what I'm doing - partially - so it's okay.

Quotes of the day:
-"This shirt is older than you are!"
my coworker, who I like to think is the ultimate true librarian, was wearing a 'barcode blues' shirt today which was something they got printed when we switched over to barcodes on books instead of cards in the back. and it was dated 1987.

-"Do I get a cute nickname?"
i think i busted out laughing at this question because he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who uses the word 'cute' but yes, he needs a cute nickname. Oldest sister brought to my attention tonight that I am much like my dad in that respect - giving everyone nicknames - mine from him is Dude. I have no idea where that came from, I think that's cause I used to say it a lot. I'd share my siblings' but they'd kill me.

-"So is everyone driving you bananas with all their questions?"
-"Oh, I'm way passed bananas..."

This woman is totally my hero. She has been able to talk me through almost all of my questions on the new system - and the ones she can't are questions of her own. And she does all of this voluntarily which makes her even more awesome. I don't think I would be able to manage all this pressure but she seems to be doing it quite well. I think she would be the Sky in our Dirt system mentioned here: My Life in Closed Captions: "Cause even after three text messages, four missed... and in many previous posts.

Songs for the night
"Idiot Boyfriend" Jimmy Fallon

since people were digging the troll doll's post, here you go. i think this was the only other 'song' on the CD other than the Hammertime thing where he sang a bunch of 80s songs over a background of Can't Touch This.

"Need You Know" Glee

slowing it down a bit before I head off to bed. love this version.


think i'm gonna eat some frozen fruit, put on a movie and crash. have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment