I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm a pancake. I'm a pancake.

Nice job, pancake.

Happy Women's Murder Club day everybody! On this day, like - holy toast - 3 years ago, the best show ever had it's finale. And I'm still obsessed with it. Yet another fun quirk.

"That's not coffee, that's diabetes on ice."

The Cop, the Lawyer, the ME and the reporter of awesomeness originated in James Patterson's Women's Murder Club book series (1st to Die, 2nd Chance, 3rd Degree ... he's up to 10th Anniversary) and took to screen on October 12th, 2007 on ABC. Did I mention I'm a fan?

"Do you know anything about her personal life?"
"She had one?"


Anyway, three years later and I'm still upset it was cancelled. Now, thanks to the BFF, I have a giant picture on my wall (that she drew cause she's Sketch) of the 4 of them with the tattoo design in the middle. Look to the right, that's the tattoo of awesomeness. Yes, more awesomeness. Everything about WMC was of awesomeness. Except, of course, it's cancellation. And switch in storyline, they fired the head writers halfway through and gave us 3 crap episodes at the end that completely switched the Kiss-me-not storyline. They were going with fairytales, then the new writers - I don't know if they didn't like it or weren't allowed to use it - then switched to this psycho's sister being dead and her keepsakes and...yeah it's a long story.

"Did you know that the crime desk assignment came with a pepperspray keychain and and police scanner? It's like my new Tivo, I can't turn it off."

Plus it was right in the middle of the writer's strike so it had awful timing and basically no chance.

"What'd you do, go to a biker bar?"
"I went to seven. They're a little scary. The people are surprisingly helpful once they figure out you're not a cop. Bikers are not fond of cops."


Anyway, Angie Harmon's got Rizzoli and Isles which is basically just like Lindsay Boxer moved to Boston and met another Medical Examiner.
Laura Harris had Defying Gravity and to my ultimate joy guest starred in Warehouse 13.
Paula Newsome is now a serial guest star in NCIS, Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Flashforward, and Parenthood.
Aubrey Dollar has only been in Ugly Betty, Cupid and most recently The Good Wife. She needs a permanent placement.

"Do you need me for this conversation?"
probably not. ask the bff. okay, moving on.

Aside from WMC day, work today flew by pretty quickly. Shelved then lunch then upstairs, backroom, backroom, backroom, public service. It was an exciting time in the backroom figuring out more quirks with the holds list. *sarcastic tone* No, I think we've figured it out, we're just pros and cons-ing the different styles internet explorer vs. google chrome vs. firefox which one is faster and can print and you can eliminate things and yeah. Cause with Firefox you can't print but you can do everything else. With Internet Explorer you can't eliminate information but you can print. and with Google Chrome you can print and eliminate information and it's much faster. But then you also have to wait because with every screen change it's like constantly adjusting its size so you have to wait until it picks one to move on to the next item so the speed kind of cancels itself out. If that makes sense. It probably doesn't.

And then, finished my book, wrote out my questions with time to spare. Now I'm going to crash so I can wake up early tomorrow for class and have time to pick up coffee for myself and the Library Goddess as we will both need it. BTW - my voice is also gone. That was a fun development throughout the day. I'm hoping it's back by tomorrow since she calls on me and stuff.

Okay, clip for the night:

"They" by Jem - great song.

Here's a video - the beginning amuses me. Jill and Claire went to Lindsay's ex's wedding (who's now her lieutenant) and Jill's boss caused this big scene so Jill called her and made her come pick her up and Claire was helping Lindsay work a case over the phone - mid wedding - and they meet up in the alley behind the reception and the bride like stomps out and yells at them. Hysterical.


It's NOT a club!

"Right...I'll hang...catch you on the B-Side."

No comments:

Post a Comment