I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I tried my best to leave this all on your machine but the persistent beat it sounded thin upon listening.

I freaking love grad school. The classes are fun, the assignments I actually look forward to doing since they're not just like regurgitating facts in a paper. We're writing concrete poems in shapes and building wikis and going to summer reading events, it's a completely interactive thing. Book reports that are a max of 4 minutes long. That's fantastic.
So class today was fun, as always - I'll upload my quotes tomorrow - she divided us up by our star signs and I actually met someone with my same birthday so that was exciting - my classmate in gradeschool and myself were born on the same day in the same hospital both grew up on farms both brunette, etc but it was just so funny and random today - then after class I was recruited to help move a wicker couch to her car from her office. Totally exciting. Actually it was pretty easy.
Tonight I went to Bek's dance recital - she was a super cute ballerina - and I ran into one of my college professors. She was actually my first college professor because she taught the first class I went to so it was fun to see her again. But yeah, like whole family was there, we went for ice cream after. Bek was excellent, and the other groups were pretty good too. We left at intermission because Bek was done but right before then was this men's group called the "Men in Black" that was basically the dad's of a bunch of the dancers. I told my brother in law I was expecting to see him up there next year.
Now I'm watching Parks and Rec Season One - excellent so far. I'll give you a SOA later.

For now, here's my recs of the night:

"Such Great Heights" The Postal Service

love it.

"Clean Slate" Kyler England

love love love this song! was stoked to see there was a live version.

out!...loving leslie knope...

No comments:

Post a Comment