I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Farewell Horizon...

You will be missed. Well, by half of us. Although, I'm guessing the other half will miss it at some point during the week when we switch over to the new system. It's an open source program so it's supposed to be easier. Which I'm sure it will be. But I'm not looking forward to the next few days when we can't check anything in, or give out new cards, or place holds on material, and they need their physical card - not just know their number or have us look them up in the system. This is going to be interesting.

Actually, of all timing, I'm also doing a computer switch of my own. Pretty sure this one, aka Kate, is about ready to crash so I uploaded all my stuff to an external drive and transferred it over to my other one, aka Ziva.

I spent the day with Fearless Leader (That's what I'm calling her since she always takes the lead at work. She's pretty much awesome.) making our "you'll need your library card" poster. That we were supposed to do earlier but couldn't because we haven't worked together since we were assigned it. It was funny because - this was pre-coffee - when we were deciding what to do and I was like, we should just get like light bulbs and red arrows pointing to the giant card (we have a giant card on the shelf behind public service desks) and write something like "you'll need your library card on these dates". And she looked at me funny, and I was tired so it sounded stupid once it came out. It was one of those, this sounded better in my head things. So I was waiting for her to suggest something, instead I got "i like the way you think." So we spent the day cutting out lightbulbs and red arrows and posting them around the building.

"Barbra Streisand" Glee

I know I just posted this but I'm having fun playing a game called "Find Quinn". I see her once, when she comes in with Finn and that's it. I think she's wearing blue. Unless that's someone else coming in with Finn. Maybe if I watch it in full screen mode. Let me know if you see her.

"All the Small Things" Blink 182, Charlie's Angels version

Blooper real woohoo! love this movie.

I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment