I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Oh, because Cheers was taken!"

So, it's official. My social life is dead and gone for the next 2 and a half months. I got my first camp application in the mail today. Geez. I just sent them out like two days ago. And I should be excited. Because I love camp! I seriously love it! I could ramble on about camp for days and days - I do, actually, to the BFF and I think it drives her bananas - but right now, I'm just trying to get through the whole grad school read your brains out thing. So, I think, for the most part, I'll upload the information into a spreadsheet and then deal with it later after the meeting. Which will hopefully either be this weekend or the next. I guess I should ask my partner about that one and if he has any updates on it. Gotta find a new binder as well - my old one is still stuffed with last years info and the year before that's as well. I have a whole corner in my bedroom filled with tubs stuffed with old camp forms, tshirts, bandanas, lanyards, envelopes with the old themes written on them, just like piled up in the corner. I should go through those as well.
I've lived here almost a year now - it'll be a year end of next week - and I still haven't completely unpacked. I now have pictures and paintings on the wall of the living room, so if you just go in there I can completely fool you. But if you make it past the bathroom to the bedroom then I'm toast. There's still boxes everywhere. And I don't even have posters on the walls. Which is soooo bizarre for me. Yes, I still act like a teenager in my decor choices. It drives my sister - well sisters - nuts.
So, this summer, aside from directing a camp, taking classes and working two jobs I will also not only empty all the boxes and put stuff away but also hang stuff up on the walls, get curtains that block out the sun - I hate myself every morning for putting that off - and...well, I'm sure I'll come up with something else later on. Other than clean. Which I also need to do.

But speaking of year anniversaries, I've now officially been at one of the branches for over a year....well, as of Monday I had anyway. Now it's been a year and two days...and still haven't had my 6 month evaluation. Which makes me laugh. But yes, a year. Huzzah! It's funny because it flew by. So it doesn't feel like it's been a year. And on the 24th I will have officially been at the other branch for a year. Although, technically, it was only for a temp position so my 1-year-official-anniversary isn't until like September 18th. Or 16th. I can't remember. I'll look into it later.


Songs for the night:

"Say Hey (I Love You)" - Michael Franti & Spearhead

love the video and the song. those drummers are sweet!

okay...what else....I'll put my ipod on shuffle and hit you with whatever comes up. nope, not that one...or that one...that one's just dumb...okay, i lied. i'll hit you with one when i find one that i haven't already recommended, doesn't suck or won't be stuck in my head for the rest of the night as i have to read and do homework stuff.

...close enough.

"Can't Fight the Moonlight" - LeAnn Rimes and Piper Perabo

because i like the final scene better than the music video.
i actually thought about this movie today during work - when she asks if she's on drugs and she's like "just coffee." See, THIS! is Maria Bello's perfect role. Seriously. This is who I see her as. So, don't go casting her in roles with British accents "Rick, watch out for those rocks!" I just cringe every time. I mean, the whole like 3 times I've watched it. I refuse. The Mummy isn't The Mummy without Rachel Weisz, I'm sorry. Okay, rant over. Anyway, this is Maria Bello man. HBIC bartender. Awesomeness. If you have no idea who I'm rambling about she's at 0:15 and she's the first one to scream. Piper's not bad herself, haha.
So yes, I do have the soundtrack and yes, it is amazing.
I'm still channeling Victoria... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-ne7vkA40 I'll just keep posting it until you all actually go there and watch it. Or start protesting. Whichever happens first.

Book #3 is finished now I'm started on #4, I'll give you a S.O.A. on them when I finish that one and post all the info. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment