I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baby, the World Spins Madly On

The world has righted itself. Well, most of it. Life is good again, I think. I mean, I only had to "wave" once today, so hopefully the rest of the posts this week won't be as sad and depressing as those of the last couple of days.
Work today was good, I actually accomplished things between shifts aka paid bills, ordered boots for wedding - yes cowboy boots going to be a fun one - registered for a class in the fall, emailed my grad prof who was apparently looking for me yesterday, and wrote! Which was shocking. I've had this idea in my head for a while, not a Sketch and Edit, but a story I've been working on off and on since Fiction Writing senior year of college. And even though I really don't have time for it - which is when inspiration usually strikes - I wrote it anyway.

I still have yet to get ahold of book #2 which I need to read by at least Friday. I think it should be here tomorrow - I'm keeping track of it postage-wise - and if it's not I'm going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow afternoon. I only work 'til 4 so I can pick it up and read it all tomorrow night.

Thursday is the play - there will be plenty of "waving" for that. They had a trackmeet today so no school which means no practice which means tomorrow is going to have to be hardcore. And hardcore as it will be I won't be present since I'm working. I'm feeling more of like a consultant than a director. Which sucks. Cause I liked directing the thing with Nic. But Nic deserves all the credit, as usual, because she's a fantastic teacher, and I'm excited for Thursday. It's at like 5 - or the thing starts at 5 - it also includes awards night and food. It's sad cause usually Amber Squared aka BFF and Schwartz - even though she's married now and isn't actually Schwartz anymore she will forever be called Schwartz - come and watch but this year they won't make it.
I usually bring them candy so I'll have to pick something up tomorrow afternoon or on the way there Thursday. I'm headed out right after work then we'll have a final practice and send them home.


Michael Bublé and Sharon Jones - "Baby (You've Got What It Takes)"

gotta love it. although i think he should actually sing into the microphone instead of just dancing with the stand - that's a little awkward.

The Weepies - "World Spins Madly On"

Another great indie group, similar style as She & Him and Rilo Kiley
and a cool video as well


Alright, out for the night. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment