I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sketch Meets The Parents

Today was rather suck-ish, but it's done and I'm over it.

Super short on staff today, basically had 2 people on first and 2 people on second for the majority of the day.

It was amusing - and obnoxious - because I started an email to my TAB kids with the meeting minutes and reminders at opening aka 10AM, and still wasn't finished by closing at 6PM. We were that busy. So 2 and 2, then about 5 carts worth of bookdrop stuff that didn't get checked in at the front cause I think I signed up a record amount of people for library cards - students mostly - and a lot of people paying off fines so that they're under the new maximum aka $10 instead of $15 so everyone that had charges of $14.99 had to pay 5 - and about %75 of the people who did actually didn't complain about it.

So that was a relief, I was actually expecting more of an outrage, but maybe I missed out on that since it's been a few days since the change.

Anyway, so we were crazy busy, plus the fact that I'm still limping - though the majority of that is because of the way my leg is wrapped which I'll fix tomorrow. Every time I adjust it it falls off because it's at the bend of my knee so I just wrapped it tight and taped it - got the tape residue covering my leg to prove it. And my back is about %40 better than yesterday, I mean I could bend over and not cringe, it just took a while for me to get back up. I felt old and useless. I'm hoping that's all cleared up by tomorrow. If not I'll just fake it, I'm good at that. But I have a group of volunteers coming in in the morning and I have to be a leader and participate in all the cleaning stuff that they'll be doing so it would be much easier if didn't hurt to bend over and tie my shoe.

Not that they're ever tied anyway.

But I got tired of every third person telling me that they're untied so broke down and did it.

After work was lots and lots and lots of homework which I finished all but one question - which is about re-writing one of the RUSA guidelines so I'll have to take some more time to work on that one then submit it, no pressure.

Now I've got Comedy Central turned on in the background cause I've been falling asleep to that a lot lately, and as I have to be up super early tomorrow cause I'm meeting up with the Library Goddess I'll leave you with Sketch and Edit and some music and then crash and burn.

Fair warning, there are a couple that you could read before this one for it to make total sense, but you don't have to.

If you want to they are here: Sketch Gets Some Flowers

And here: Sketch and Edit Buy Some Plants



Sketch Meets the Parents
*Sketch enters front door and slams it*
Sketch – “Would someone please tell me what is up with guys?!”
Edit from couch – “You don’t really expect me to have an answer for that do you?”
S – “He wants me to meet his mother.”
E – “What?!”
S – “Yeah.”
E – “I didn’t know it was that serious!”
S – “Neither did I!”
E – “When?”
S – “Now, tonight, I gotta go get ready.”
E – “You’re shaking!”
S – “I’m meeting the parents! Who meets the parents on the third date?!”
E – “A mama’s boy?”
S – “But seriously? His mother? Seriously?”
E – “Where does she live?”
S – “Over on Elm Street.”
E – “Ah, suburbia, where they tear down the trees and then name the streets after them.”
S – “I gotta find something to wear, come on.” *Edit jumps off couch and follows Sketch upstairs*
E – “You’re asking me for fashion advice? Really?”
S – “You’re my only option.”
E – “Good point.”
*Sketch goes into closet while Edit sits on bed*
Sketch returns with dress – “What do you think of this dress?”
E – “Ummm, stick some candles in it and make a wish?”
S – “Bad, got it. Moving on.” *goes back into closet and yells* “Why am I doing this again?”
E – “I don’t know, some plantman-induced psychosis?”
*Sketch re-enters in dress*
E – “Oh, don’t even try using the laser vision on me with that dress on.”
S – “Bad?”
E – “It’s…interesting.”
S – “Interesting is code for disturbing. Got it.” *goes back into closet and yells* “But seriously, why am I doing this?”
E – “Love is a damn crazy thing.”
S – “Is it really?”
E – “I don’t know, that’s what my college roommate told me when she was drunk on her 21st birthday and I had to take care of her.”
S – “Point taken.” *returns* “What about this one?”
E – “Much better.”
S – “Okay, makeup.” *move into bathroom across the hall, Edit leans in the hallway* “But, it’s like, he calls me and acts all sweet and asks me out to dinner. So I say yes, clearly stating I have no other plans. Then he drops the bomb. ‘Oh, it’s at my mother’s. So dress nice. I’ll pick you up at seven!’ CLICK! He hangs up! But what was I supposed to do? I can’t say I have plans when he knows I clearly have no plans. So there was no escape route. But, I like him. I mean, I think I like him. Maybe it will be okay.”
E – “Do you need me for this conversation?”
S – “Maybe she won’t be this horrible horrible bitch that I can imagine her being because her son is such a jerk.”
E – “And yet you continue to date him.”
S – “Well, not really.”
E – “You’re meeting his mother! That’s like the definition of dating!”
S – “You’re really not helping my nerves here.” *turns away from mirror* “What do you think?”
E – “Hot.”
S – “But not like slutty. Cause that would be bad.”
E – “Nope, not slutty enough to be a hoe yet not nun-like enough to be celibate.”
S – “Um, thanks?” *Sketch starts downstairs Edit follows*
E – “So, what is plant man’s real name anyway?”
S – “No.”
E – “Is that his first or last?”
S – “Absolutely not, cause you’ll run a background check or hack into his computer. No!”
E – “Oh come on! How am I supposed to be petty and judgmental without having all the facts?”
*Sketch glares*
E – “What?”
S – “I’m trying to imagine you with less personality.”
Edit grins – “How’s that working for you?”
S – “Shutup!”
*Horn honks from outside*
E – “Oo, is that him?! Can I meet him? Can I meet him? Can I meet him?” *go downstairs to front door*
S – “No!” *Sketch slowly backs out of the door* “You. Stay.”
E – “But-”
S – “And watch out for the code!” *closes door, Edit crashes on couch with phone*


Oh and the code is a reference from Sketch and Edit Cook a Turkey but there will be more on that tomorrow cause this has a sequel.


Clip of the day:

ah, jordis. the countdown continues...




No comments:

Post a Comment