I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Sketch!

Happy birthday to my bestest friend in the whole wide world. 23. Wow. You're old. That means I have 23 days left to be young, any advice?

Sketch and Edit Buy Some Plants – sequel to “Get Some Flowers” (posted back in December if you're interested, scroll back a few pages and you'll find it)

E – “Why are we buying plants? I’m just going to kill them.”
S – “I have to get something to send to my friend. What kind of plant says ‘you’re gorgeous but I hate you for being such an jerk’?”
E – “Ohhh, him. Um, Poison Ivy?”
S – “You can’t buy that.”
E – “Venus Fly Trap.”
S – “Where would I get that?”
E – “Oh, a cactus!!”
S – “Sounds good.”
E – “You still haven’t told me the whole story about how you met.”
S – “What kind of cactus should I get him? I’m thinking one that looks extremely painful. Wearing gloves indoors doesn’t sound very sexy.”
E – “Nice segue there. I don’t know, ask an employee.”
S – “K, go look for a mediocre one.”
E – “Why, you want to ditch ‘Plant Man’ for an actual Plant Man?”
S – “Nope, I’m not looking for anyone. He’ll be just for you.”
E – “Really? Not looking? Things getting serious with ‘Vegetation Boy’ already?”
S – “Vegetation Boy?”
E – “I’m still working on the nickname. Oo, how about this really ugly flower?”
S – “It’s too green.”
E – “Plants are green. Deal with it.”
S – “I’m looking for something pink... unmasculine… or ugly… or painful. I don’t know, I haven’t decided yet… but not that one.”
E – “You’ve been spending too much time with me. You’re getting rambly.”
S – “It’s contagious.”
E – *picks up plant* “What about this one?”
S – “Too pretty.”
E – “I meant for us. It’ll look nice in the living room.”
S – “Since when are you Martha Stewart?”
E – “Hey, green is supposed to represent life and energy and we both need all of that we can get!”
S – “So if we have more green in the house we will have more energy?”
E – “Green is inspirational. It will help us to think more clearly.”
S – “That’s a load of crap. Where did you hear that?”
E – “I read it online.”
S – “Well there ya go.”
E – “Hey, there is a lot of useful stuff online.”
S – “And also a lot of crap.”
E – “Well how am I supposed to differentiate between what’s real and what’s crap?”
S – “Cook your chickens well?”
E – “What?”
S – “Got me.”
E – “Can we get a cactus for our house?”
S – “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”
E – “Why not, they’re hard to kill. I’d have to actually make an effort to kill it… Pour some pop on it… drop a few books…”
S – “Yes, but they’re also painful and you, klutz, are not careful.”
E – “C’mon mom! Please mom can I get a cactus? I promise to water it and feed it and take it on walks and make it watch HGTV so it can see its friends…”
S – “And…”
E – “And?”
S – “And…”
E – *mutters* “And I’ll wear gloves. I can make them look sexy.”
S – “You call me mom again I’ll kick your butt.”
E – “Been there, done that.”


Happy Birthday to my Twisted Sister. Dance it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment