I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, January 10, 2011

5th Time's a Charm

I'm not allowed to tell you why - but it is! I really need a life outside of work.

Today flew by pretty quickly. Fun times with work friends then came home to watch the championship. Go Ducks! It was funny, I've been texting back and forth with my brother and he predicted this high scoring game - and he's like the sports fanatic in the family - no one scored in the entire first quarter so he texts back "okay, maybe 3-0." "you sure?" "in overtime."
So, I'm freaking out about grad school. I start this weekend and I don't feel prepared. Wednesday is my day for everything. I'm still in contact with the office about paperwork issues but Wednesday is my day for doing all the homework and prep stuff. Writing out directions on how to get there - thanks to my aunt and our roadtrip - and listing out everything I'm going to need to do for the class itself.
I'm just nervous. Maybe it will be fine. But I'm still nervous. The homework actually matters now. I'll have to actually apply myself! - that makes college sound really bad - things are actually important and will impact my career - not like the college classes that were like a prep on all topics I might need. Not that college didn't prepare me, without some of the classes I took - especially my senior year - I would not be working the jobs I'm working. I learned a lot and my professors really inspired me. And I love my jobs so it turned out okay. I just have this weird feeling that I'm going to fail. Even Superwoman says it was the hardest thing she's ever done. That's saying something. Oh well, I'm all signed up and people are counting on me to do this so I will have to step up.
I'm a big kid now. When did that happen?
But, today, my boss told me she was proud of me. That's really the only words of encouragement I need.
I'm out. Go Ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment