I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1-5-11

The problem with putting your ipod on shuffle is that the worst songs start to play when your hands are full and you can't do anything about it. Like the songs that you forgot are even on there because there are like a thousand on the thing in the first place. Then, they get stuck in your head. So you drown them out with others but that doesn't work. Today I got hit with one of the worst. Hanson's Mmmbop. Yes I am from that generation. I forgot it was on there. And it hit me mid-parking lot when I was carrying food and mail and dvd's and everything else that's accumulated during the day. Ridiculous. So I tried to reach for my pocket but I couldn't without dropping something. I attempted to walk faster but there's ice everywhere and that would be just what I needed. My neighbors to see me fall like faceplant on the ice. It's happened. Just not here. At college. In the parking lot. In front of the cafeteria. Awful. People used to go to breakfast and sit by the windows just so they could count how many people fell on the ice on their way to class.

Quote of the day comes from one of my favorite coworkers. "You bring out the worst in me. I mean that in the best possible way." Made my day. Especially because ten minutes later she called me a genius. Haha. "I hate naps almost as much as I hate musicals," came in close second. Also from the same person. We talked blogs. I love blogging. It's healthy.

Music rec of the day:
"A little opera goes a long way" by Sky Sailing. Their lead singer is the same guy from Owl City who I didn't really like at first but now I love. Not so much for Fireflies, mostly Vanilla Twilight. Video isn't a video but it's the song that counts. Very artsy. But catchy.


I was going to write more but now I'm distracted by Warehouse 13. Fun library dvd's. Interlibrary loan. Speaking of interlibrary loan, I got a new watch for christmas. I'm so used to - when I check out interlibrary loans - hitting the button on the side of my watch to tell me what the date is. Can't do that anymore. Drives me nuts. Have to physically look at the calendar. Even though I know what the date is. Will have to work on that.

Out for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment