I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Right about now, the funk soul brother. Check it out now, the funk soul brother.

Time: 10:50 PM
Location: Couch
Music: "Give a little more" by Maroon 5 - I love this song
Attitude: Amused

Yesterday was work then dinner at sister's and watching Dinner with Schmucks. Not my favorite but it did have a few good lines. "Get them out of a my head!!!" I'd give it a 4/10 on my Scale of Awesome.

Today coworker was gone so I covered and stayed 'til six. I got to work with my boss which was fun. We talked a lot about food and tv. Gotta love Criminal Minds. Well, not anymore, not after that whole creative reasons crap with AJ/JJ. I was gone after that. Didn't even start the new season. Although it is enjoyable that the entire cast hopes that the spinoff (so-called "Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior") will fail. That soooo amuses me. Seriously. They're ticked. That's too funny. And I hope it does. And apparently Forest Whittaker is already out as well. I'm wondering how they're gonna pull it off. Anyway, I hope it fails. There would be much rejoicing.
But today was fun, working with my boss is fun because we have fun discussions about tv but I also got to talk to this woman about James Patterson and the Women's Murder Club series and it was awesome. I can talk about that for hours so bringing it up totally made my day. Until dinner tonight...

Me and my sisters + their husbands went to the Parthenon. It was fantastic. I had goat and all I could hear in my mind was Gibbs saying "Good goat!" (NCIS:Untouchable, Season 3) Aside from the fabulous food we had some interesting conversations. Well, interesting to them, they enjoy torturing me. I just sat there fixing my scarf and drinking heavily. Scarred for life. But the food was good. And I had some sort of cheesecake for desert, it was huge had to bring half of it home with me!

After that it was playing Just Dance on the Wii with my sister and niece and nephew. It was hilarious, the kids were commentating on what we were supposed to do and I was cracking up, I couldn't even dance. "Point! Point! Point! Point! Shovel! Shovel! Shovel! Shovel! M like McDonalds! Now Shimmy! Shimmy!! Shimmy! You're not shimmying!" And my sister yells "Shimmy, damnit, shimmy!" I died on the spot. Hilarious. And she may have beat me at everything else I totally took her down at Rockafeller Skank which is the one she bragged about to me for the past two days. I totally took her down.

Aaannnd a night with family means more fun catch phrases such as these:
- "Lean back your sleeves" Sarah, meaning pull back
- "Lincoln can only afford an old cheney, not a new one." Cindy about street names
- "Does this sunroof open?" Joe about drowning us in snow - It was like blizzarding at this point.
- "I'm not afraid to throw things!" Cindy from the backseat at her husband driving not as carefully as she would have liked.
- "I want to be the cowboy!" I showed Mandy and Joe the Indian 12 Days of Christmas, which is in the Dec 25th post on here if you're interested.
- "I don't know about you, but I heard booga, booga, booga." That was me at Joey.
- "Bend and snap!" "There's no bending! Just snapping!" Mandy commentating Just Dance and my reply. Cause yeah, there was no bending. Just snapping. Legally Blonde reference.
And my personal favorite was from Cindy. She's the oldest so I guess she can be the funniest. I offered everyone a piece of gum at the restaurant (yes I had to google that word again to make sure I didn't look like an idiot) and she didn't take one. Sarah, in the car, said "wow, this gum is enjoyable." and Cindy pipes up and says, "Give me a piece of that gum, you didn't tell me it was gonna be enjoyable!"

Tomorrow is Joey's basketball game then going to a movie with some work friends. Should be fun.


"Rockafeller Skank" Fatboy Slim


No comments:

Post a Comment