I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let's do the Time Warp again....

Time: 9:15 PM
Location: Couch
Music: Hey Soul Sister - Glee cast version
Attitude: Tired, yes that's an attitude.

Slept in, went to work, shelved books, came home, watched NCIS on USA - hooray for the season one marathon, I love Kate - went to nephew's basketball game, got updated on who was winning the SAG awards while at the game, came home from the game and watched the rest of the SAG awards and now am sitting on the couch staring at my computer screen. I'm exhausted. My nephew is actually quite good btw, very aggressive under the hoop, he made me proud. I hope I get to go to the games at my high school, every year they do a tournament with all the grade schools. I remember playing in those, oh man, and it seemed so much more fast paced at the time. But now just watching it's like, was it really like this when we played? Maybe it was and I'm just building it up in my mind.

The SAG awards were awesome, as always. I'm kind of an awards junkie when it comes to movies and music. I keep up with the nominations and the red carpet stuff, yeah I'm a nerd. But I'm very happy that Natalie Portman won for best actress and Colin Firth for best actor and then that the King's Speech won for best ensemble. That was very exciting, Colin's speech was funny. The speeches usually take so long, some people ramble longer than I do and I secretly want the music to start playing so that they'll go away but his was great.

I'm sad that Glee didn't win tonight but I mean, it's hard to beat Betty White in any category really. So, in their honor, I'll hit you with one of my favorite songs at the moment. They did this Rocky Horror episode in the first part of the second season (now out on DVD btw) which is probably the most well-known episode of the show. It was fantastic, and the music was fantastic. And it came out right before Halloween so Grandma (25-year-old coworker) and I went to go see the real Rocky Horror in a theater for Halloween and I think it scarred her for life. Haha, but it was hilarious because they're yelling out commentary, throwing toast, spraying water guns, so basically if you haven't already seen the movie you have no idea what's going on because you can't hear what they're actually saying. Since the movie really doesn't have much of a plotline anyway that makes things even harder to follow. Luckily I had already seen it so I kind of went with the flow. And I'm thinking about going again next year. It was just too funny. So, in honor of Glee and Rocky Horror I'll hit you with my music rec of the Glee version of Rocky Horror's probably best and most popular song the "Time Warp". Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment