I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, January 3, 2011

IDK My BFF Katniss?

So, my first question is that if you break one of your resolutions during the first week do you have to keep it for the rest of the year? Or does it just fade away like all the other resolutions from past years? And should I feel guilty? Cause I don't.

Yesterday was interesting - add Dave Matthews Band to the list my cat hates to hear. Now he's whining. I think he's mad at me. He likes the farmhouse and I drug him back to the apartment where he just gets to lay around. No outdoor cats to tease through the window bragging that he's in the warm indoors and they're outside in the snow. No big house to roam and knock things off the counters - well, okay he still does that. Speaking of, he's on the counter now, staring at me. Great.

Work was fun today. It's interesting because whenever anybody asks for book recommendations I automatically start talking about the Hunger Games and everyone I've rec'd it to reads the whole series through to the end. I love the series, I couldn't put the first book down, and even though I own the last two I still haven't read a single word. I know I should and that I'd enjoy it but ever since I started at the library I have yet to finish a book. Which is funny. But it's like I'm surrounded by books all day so the last thing I want to do when I get home is read. So I told this to my sister the pharmacist and she said, "well, yeah, I don't go home and do drugs." So she gets it. Still a funny line though.

I got to call over to one of the other branches today so they could pull something for me and I got to talk to someone I didn't even know existed until today - which isn't a foreign concept as I'm new and have only been to 3 branches out of the how many are in our system. But I called and was like Hi, this is ____ from _____ and she was like "hi ____ from _____. I'm ____ from ______." Immediately I'm thinking, okay she's bored or weird. I asked her if she was free and could grab a book and she was like "well, right now I'm chained to a post surrounded by angry natives but I'll try to get away." So strange, but it totally made my day. I look forward to meeting her one day. Everyone else that I mentioned it to say she's very witty and clever.

Random I know. But that's pretty much my day. Aside from coming home to watch The Closer season finale and Castle. Woohoo for Lauren Prepon as Nikki Heat. Very cool. and funny. I love Beckett's change throughout the episode. But I won't give too much away. I just think it's funny. The Closer I wasn't too impressed with for a season finale. I thought there would be more of a cliff hanger. And the episode wasn't all that great writing-wise. But Riley Smith is always intriguing. Even though I originally saw him in Motocrossed he'll always be Jamie Galvin to me. "Worst. Liar. Ever." Aka one of my favorite episodes. Yes I'm referencing Women's Murder Club. Get over it. "That's not coffee, that's diabetes on ice..." Claire's words of wisdom. Still, all work and no coffee makes CK a..something, something something...

Therefore, I am out for the night. Tomorrow means a split shift, grocery shopping and possible dinner with mother. When she will see my fridge has nothing but alcohol in it. Which is what happened last time. I'm sensing a pattern. It was funny though, she immediately turns around and says, "let's go grocery shopping!" I don't actually drink very often. Which is why it remains in the fridge. The food I buy I actually eat. And since I haven't been here because of the holiday I didn't have anything stocked. Aka Runza for dinner - they have the best southwest chicken salads. Mmm, k, can't break another resolution. I'm out. Happy trails to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment