I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Do the Bookdrop!

Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo doo,
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo doo.
It's catchy in the morning when you have to get the bookdrop but gets really annoying around mid-afternoon when it's stuck in your head and everyone thinks you're singing 'the hustle' then laughs when you tell them your lyrics.

Time: 7:55 PM
Location: Couch
Music: Hey Soul Sister - Glee version
Attitude: Conflicted, too many things to post, will have to condense

Yesterday was 9-5, (yes Sarah I did sing Dolly Parton just for you,) then pizza with Grandma (the 25-year-old coworker that calls me 'youngun') and watching some Burn Notice with the Wordsmith.
It was funny because I still don't know where anything in town is so I asked.
"How do you get there?"
"You go out the door. You turn right. Then turn right again. Or get in your car and drive half a block."
Thanks for the sarcastic directions Cabin Fever...And the recommendation Girlscout, the pizza there was excellent! Huge slices.
So we saw the King's Speech which totally deserves all 12 of those Oscar nominations btw, Now we're just debating what movie to see next. Black Swan looks interesting. Superwoman gave it the thumbs up. I like Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis so it's a possibility. Grandma was like, "they say it's a psychological thriller. I want to know what that means in the context of ballerinas." I guess we will have to see.
Burn Notice is getting better and better as I go along. Fiona and Sam are hysterical.

Today was 9-6. This morning was fun. There is like no room in the picture book section so Space Cadet and I went through and shifted. Oh man. Sent 56 books to bindery and there's still no room.
It's sad. At some point today I lost my quote. I carry or carried around a quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald in my back pocket for about a year now, wait, ya more than year. But I lost it somewhere between libraries. So hopefully, now somebody else is being inspired by his words. So, I wrote it out again - different paper, same words. Will it have the same effect? We will see.
Tomorrow means 9-12 then homework. I've read some of the textbook, tomorrow I gotta read a few more chapters and upload my notes. Should be interesting.

Now I'm watching Winter Wipeout. I love Wipeout, it's fantastic. My Grams and I watched it when it first came out and I've stuck with it ever since. Too funny. The commentary is excellent and the contestants, oh man. I love it when they get cocky then get smacked in the face by the big balls. I think this guy is about to cry. I'm saddened that the only girl to make it to the final showdown didn't win. But she did beat that cocky sign language interpreter so it's okay.

BTW - just so you know, thinking that the ground is pretty when it's sparkly doesn't make your immune to falling on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment