I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lazy day with the Warehouse gang, Hey Monday and Stacy Clark

Hooray for a day off! I debated calling for pizza but I thought it would be mean to make them drive all the way out here on the icy roads. Plus I don't have cash. Maybe they would let me pay in fruit rollups. I have plenty of those. I would cook but while the flames that would shoot out from my kitchen would temporarily keep me warm with all this snow it probably would be bad in the long-run. Whatever, more microwave lasagne for me.
Me and my big fat cat had a lazy day. Slept in til noon - don't tell mom - mostly because I looked outside and was like whoa! k, not driving on that. There's like a foot of snow all over our parking lot at my complex.
So, I finished Warehouse 13 season one - um whoa, cliffhanger! and debated watching the other things I have out - The Runaways, Blazing Saddles, The Nanny, Murder She Wrote - yes I'm a complex woman - but nothing sounded good. So I'm just listening to music instead. And on Facebook. Which I haven't been. In forever. Good to have it updated.
So, instead of rambling about things I haven't done today I'll hit you with another music rec and get back to my laziness. Lately I've been feeling artsy - most of the recs have been pretty artsy, but I listen to a lot of top 40 stuff too. This one is a little artsy I guess as well. Itunes freebies are always fun and lead to other good stuff which is how I found Stacy Clark and also Hey Monday. Both great bands. I love the entire "Connect the Dots" CD by Stacy Clark but my favorite is probably Touch and Go or White Lies. I highly recommend you check them out.
Hey Monday is quickly rising to the top of my list of favorite underrated bands. I hope they hit it big time soon. Catchy melodies and lyrics. And a lot of angry chick stuff too, haha.

Here's I Don't Wanna Dance.
Again, not a spectacular video but really, I don't know what would be one nowadays. I just flashback to the early days of TRL when they were good. Once upon a time. But this one isn't awful so I'm embedding it.
Another good song by them is How You Love Me Now. Here's their channel if you're interested. http://www.youtube.com/user/heymondayVEVO

And I'm off. Hope you have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment