I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, September 9, 2012

howl at the moon, shoot out the light, it's a small town Sunday night...

So I'm on third, Pastor at the plate and he hits one straight at my head. I ducked and missed it. However, next pitch sent one straight at my feet.

Apparently I don't have the hops I used to have.

But I was on the base so I wasn't out and since it hit me when I was on the line it got called fair. Though Pastor didn't run, he mostly stood there for a while, then went to the base when the ump - who happens to be my cousin - said to go.

I didn't think it was so bad then I got home and went, WHOA! So now I have a sweet bruise on my foot. A big X on my second toe and a nice swollen bump and bruise right below that big toe.

My own Pastor, geez.

We won - vs Methodists - 13-6. Had some really good innings so that was lots of fun.

Sadly that will be it for my softball season as someone - not naming names but it wasn't one of ours - suggested they make the games earlier so more people would be able to make it.

And then ironically even more people on their team couldn't make it.

I'm seriously super bummed. Just got the t-shirt designs done and all that.

But I guess I got my token injury so I can be done. Torn up leg and now the foot. Joan wrapped my foot when we went out for icecream. It's amusing to have like 3 medical professionals on our team. Actually a good thing for me since I'm accident-prone.

So she wrapped that then I took it off to shower tonight. Should take a picture of the sweet bruise and upload it.

Before that game was gypsy caroling at the nursing home - we float from room to room so a few years ago we were labeled as the gypsies. It's family day so we go around and sing camp songs and all that. Like 3rd year we've done it. Was myself, Pastor, his wife, Homey-G-Wigger and of course our Gypsy Leader Liz.

Before that was yet another softball game - though this time was for my brother's birthday. Divided us up into teams accordingly. Brother just got a pitching machine that he's pretty proud of so we tried that for a bit. Got me warmed up for tonight's game. Though I still sucked it up. Sister-in-law and I pass the bad luck curse back and forth, I told her to keep it with her for the night since she couldn't make it but no luck.

Alright, falling asleep at the board. Have a good one.


Songs You Know But Forgot You Knew Them


Miami - Will Smith
was huge for a short while then disappeared.


Small Town Saturday Night - Hal Ketchum
what happened to this dude?



1 comment:

  1. it's highly possible this post makes no sense and there are hundreds of typos as I'm literally about 90% asleep.

    ReplyDelete